YAHOO Account Sync Issues

joshredraider

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
For the past 48 hours my Yahoo account has been unable to sign in to sync my email. If I delete the account, and then set it up again it will sync the first time, but after that it won't accept the password and prompts me to re-enter it.

Anyone else having issues? Just trying to find out if this is an issue with my 920, with WP8 software, or with Yahoo.

:eck:

rubin12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't say that I,am having that issue.

However, something that does piss me off, is that you can't get instantly pushed emails on yahoo, but you can on hotmail.

franklasvegas

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine works fine. Every so often (and it did this on WP7.5 too) it will try to sync and it comes up "your password is invalid - re-enter" - I re-enter what was in before (my password has not changed) and it is then fine. On WP7.5 it might happen once a month or less often - weird - has happened once in 3 weeks on WP8.

I also wish you could get as received like Hotmail.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Knock on wood - no problems with my Yahoo account.

Regarding getting pushed emails, I'm guessing part of it is because MS just implemented POP3 + SMTP with Y! Mail. When I use my 'droid tablet, emails I send show up under the "Sent Items" folder as if I sent from the webmail client. WP8 does not do that. Hotmail IIRC is Exchange on the backend which allows for push notifications.

gkelel

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't make sense on my iPhone I have push email from my Yahoo (SBCGlobal) account as well as Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes. Why won't this work on WP8?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire