Unlocked Rogers Nokia 920 on T-Mobile USA & Tethering

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone update on their experience with the Roger 920 on Tmo? With the new $70 plan I'm thinking of a switch from at&t. And any tips on the best place to buy one? Thanks.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I recently got mine from Rogers, got it unlocked and everything worked except tethering. I reset my phone, didn't install access point but inserted the apn for mms and data manually and everything works. Access Point messes up the internet tethering.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I recently got mine from Rogers, got it unlocked and everything worked except tethering. I reset my phone, didn't install access point but inserted the apn for mms and data manually and everything works. Access Point messes up the internet tethering.

Just for info's sake what apn settings did you use? Thanks.

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
There is another place you can get a good price on Tmobile aws Lumia 920s.

Here:
Nokia Lumia 920 White Unlocked
They have white/black/red. Just make sure that the 700/1700 is in the title. That is the pentaband unlocked rogers lumia.

I did overnight shipping and got it fast. Everything works great. Just another option.
Price was 550. 499 for the black one.
It also seems like the 700/1700 version has the fix for the FC. I have had it over two weeks, no dust behind the camera.
Oh and rogers is now at 1314, and seem to be the very first company to get the lumia updates.

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone -

I have a BUILD 920 on T-Mobile, and when I enable tethering, I get a prompt on the tethered device to pay for T-Mobile Hotspot. I have an Android phone on the same account that tethers with no issues. Any thoughts on how I can get it to work on my 920? Maybe an APN setting or something?

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue with an unlocked ATT 920. Curious if you ever got resolution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720