A MUST POLL!!! How is your 920 protected???

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I got this case: Amazon.com: Worldshopping Black Matte Quicksand Skin Slim Fit Hard Back Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessories: Cell Phones & Accessories

It helps with the grip a lot for since the back is slippery and my hands are small. I don't use a screen protector. Unfortunately, I have noticed a few scratches that can be seen when viewed at the correct angles. You can run your fingernail across the scratch and actually "feel" the ridges. The phone always stay in my right pockets with no keys or coins or anything that can scratch it. But I sometimes forget and place the phone glass-down on tables. Regardless, it still looks nice and clean.

My brother has a Note 2, and it has NO scratches whatsoever even though he uses a similar back-side case with no screen protector. I am not sure if Gorilla Glass 2 is actually more resistant to scratches or not.

Silent Rage

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the phone yet (waiting for Cyan), but I bought a clear protective shield (Skinomi) so I'm putting it on as soon as I receive mine. The display model, especially the matte version felt a little slippery.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a matte screen protector because I like matte finish and i find that the screen protector deter fingerprints better than the stock glass. other than that phone is too sexy to be wrapped up :D

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I got the yellow one and it's just too pretty to cover it up. People think it already has a cover due to the color, lol. I am a bit paranoid about dropping it though, especially since it's so slippery. Part of me wonders if it will really crack the concrete if it falls or if it will fail miserably and leave me out of a very pricey phone.

I've only dropped my previous Nokia e71x 2 or 3 times, and it resisted nicely, so I have high hopes for the safety of this one. It's just too beautiful to cover up.

Kmaki

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Armorsuit full body that I got from Amazon. It makes the phone less slippery and otherwise isn't noticeable.

Decepticon 6

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I put a full body Ghost Armor on mine. Clear. I had it put on at the mall and he did a good job. If you just look at the phone you can't see it. I thought I would go with nothing but I don't treat my phones too well, I throw them down anywhere, drop them in my purse or pocket, etc. while I doubt I would scratch the case I feel better about having something on it so I don't even think about it.

A big plus is now I can actually lay my phone on my hand and tilt my hand about 85 degrees and it doesn't slid off so even though the skin isn't 'sticky' it does add a bit of grip. Hard to explain but it did feel like I might drop it at times. May all bein my mind but now I feel like I have a better hold. One more added plus, fewer fingerprints.

This was exactly what I was looking for. The Ghost Armor kiosk at the Augusta Mall in Augusta, GA is currently giving me bad business probably because I preordered it, saying it was delayed twice. Now they're saying that it won't get here until a few days from today. Anyways, I digress. There have been two instances where I dropped my red Lumia 920 (one from about 3 feet from the ground and the other from about 2 feet from the ground). Both were because I mistakenly didn't realize I had it in a drop-prone location. At first I was thinking, "this is an opportunity to show how well the gorilla glass II really works in person". Then I noticed that both times the phone was facing screen down when I went to pick it up and both times I got a little nervous. The first time after wiping it off I saw two very thin scratches on the upper right corner of the glass. The second time I saw a slight nick on the right middle of the screen. Bottom line is YES, I encourage something similar to the ghost armor set. I just haven't had it installed yet to give it any reviews on the Lumia 920. My biggest concerns: how well is it sticking to that curved glass on the screen? I tried a generic one and it could never lay on the curved part right. Also, to what extent do you have to be careful when putting it in your pocket or other enclosed area? I wonder if your Ghost Armor has peeled off from doing that yet. If it hasn't, then I'll probably get a slip pocket for it as well.

Cases definitely make it too bulky, particularly for the Nokia Lumia 920. If you're careful to the point where it will almost never fall, then you're right, ny form of protection won't be necessary. But I think that if you are actively using your phone to its full potential (while at work, working out, with your kids, etc.) then one really needs to consider protection. Ghost Armor seems like it would be a good choice, albeit it is pricier than what most people would ask for. I'll return with my review after it is installed. In the meantime, I would love to hear more about the Ghost Armor for the Lumia 920.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the yellow one and it's just too pretty to cover it up. People think it already has a cover due to the color, lol. I am a bit paranoid about dropping it though, especially since it's so slippery. Part of me wonders if it will really crack the concrete if it falls or if it will fail miserably and leave me out of a very pricey phone.

I've only dropped my previous Nokia e71x 2 or 3 times, and it resisted nicely, so I have high hopes for the safety of this one. It's just too beautiful to cover up.

Put the clear protector on the body only. That way is less slippery

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Armorsuit full body that I got from Amazon. It makes the phone less slippery and otherwise isn't noticeable.

can you post pics? I was thinking about doing this, but i'm not a big fan of how rubbery the screen protectors feel.. i am curious how the back of the phone looks with a protector

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Currently, I am using any of my jackets that have zipper pockets. I would love to see custom Nokia Lumia 920 cases. There are websites that offer cases for iPhones where you can select what image you want on the case.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs