A MUST POLL!!! How is your 920 protected???

e24mpwr

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I put an Incipio Feather case on it, which adds very, very little bulk. You get a screen protector with it, but so far I'm really loving the feeling of the glass.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine is naked. I've never liked cases, have always been careful and always have a perfect screen until the day I upgrade... Until now. Damn you oleophobic coating...

ryguy013

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 920 (cyan/red) last week, and after feeling how the phone grips i decided to get a case, so i bought a speck case that is almost exactly the same red as the phone that people think the case is the phone body, it is fairly slim so it doesn't add much bulk and fits the phone great. and also i got a screen protector (i got the one that is washable and removable) it keeps alot less oils from building up on the screen unlike the naked glass (which attracts oils and smudges like crazy) it actually helps your finger slide on the screen, and it helps me find my touch (navigation) buttons at the bottom of the screen easier because i can never find them with out looking because of all the "dead space" at the bottom of the glass.

Although
your phone will survive naked, if you don't believe me check this out: Nokia Lumia 920 sent to the edge of space, survives to tell the tale | WMPoweruser

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
they have bumper case for the 920 already?

They do: a nice two-piece affair. The inner layer is some rubberized material and the outer is a hard shell. It's the same sort of combination you'll find on "active" cases to protect from both shock and impact. The screen is completely open, though there is enough of a rise from the bumper that you won't rest the phone on the screen if it's face down. I would say that a small portion of the rear (no more than 5%) is covered. You certainly are able to show off the colour of the device if you're taking or otherwise have it so that the rear is on display.

From what I gather, there are three colour choices (inner/outer): red/black (I have this on my red 920), blue/white ir pink/white (my wife has this on her cyan 920). I bought these in store, but they are also in the AT&T web site. I haven't seen them on the Belkin site, though.

Last edited:

jerrynomenon

May 14, 2012
Visit site
same as me;)
my 4's screen cracked when i dropped from my jean pocket (maybe 3.5 feet-ish height). I graduated from cases when i bought my sexy RED 920.

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've got a black Speck back case for my 920, not that it really needs it. This is a beautiful phone and the case follows the form rather well without adding extra girth. Didn't really want to get a case but I love this phone so much I didn't want anything "unfortunate" to happen to it. (I'm new to Nokia phones and had no idea they were this sturdy!:wink:)

I too keep it in a dedicated pocket with no keys, coins, etc. I may take the cover off one day but the cover I have doesn't detract from the phones aesthetics (imho)

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
They do: a nice two-piece affair. The inner layer is some rubberized material and the outer is a hard shell. It's the same sort of combination you'll find on "active" cases to protect from both shock and impact. The screen is completely open, though there is enough of a rise from the bumper that you won't rest the phone on the screen if it's face down. I would say that a small portion of the rear (no more than 5%) is covered. You certainly are able to show off the colour of the device if you're taking or otherwise have it so that the rear is on display.

From what I gather, there are three colour choices (inner/outer): red/black (I have this on my red 920), blue/white ir pink/white (my wife has this on her cyan 920). I bought these in store, but they are also in the AT&T web site. I haven't seen them on the Belkin site, though.

I can confirm. I'm running a red rubber/black hard shell on my Matte Black Lumia. It's stunning really. I was surprised how sexy it looked and sp was the AT&T rep.

http://michael-marzan.tumblr.com/search/lumia

Here's mine!

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Nothing, don't see the point in making my phone uglier/bigger or making the screen feel weird by adding plastic or whatever to it.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
My nude Lumia 920 has exclusive rights to my front right pocket. Even when i'm not carrying my phone, that pocket remains empty negating the possibility of contaminants getting in there. My 2 year old Focus as no blemishes, and neither will my 920 at that age

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine was naked too! The phone is fairly large as it is so didn't want a case to add to the bulk.

Took a twelve inch drop to the floor to crack the screen.
:crying: My next one is going to have a case!

gnskelton

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have carried my Focus for over 2 years in a pouch on my belt. It looks practically new. I intend to do the same with my cyan Lumia 920 if it ever arrives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans