A MUST POLL!!! How is your 920 protected???

jerrynomenon

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I keep mine in a pouch to keep from inadvertent scratches when going into my pocket. Other then that its naked. I am done with surrounding my phone with 50 layers of ugly casing material. I got done with that when I dumped my iPhone 4.
Me too. I graduated from cases when I sold my old iphone 4. I think leather pouch during transportation is enough. Red 920 is simple impossible to hide

gav_sw20

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got a yellow ROCK case for mine (handset is black) with a screen protector that came with it.

I'had had my 920 three weeks now and dropped it x4 times, once in the gym on a wooden floor after bouncing off the treadmill, then once in a pub on some stairs then another two times in the car. there's not a mark on the handset although I do seem to have a load of scratches on the screen...probably as a result of keys / coins in my pocket.

I've seen the youtube video with the hammer etc... but I'm not completely convinced especially with the number of scratches mine has on it...now not viable with the screen protector.

The ROCK case is a nice tight fit and adds a bit of colour to the device, cost ?6 from eBay with delivery from China which took about two weeks to deliver.

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Naked.
Why not? Is there a reason to protect it that I dont know of? Does the screen scratch easy? My Omnia7 did pretty well without protection.

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've got a yellow ROCK case for mine (handset is black) with a screen protector that came with it.

I'had had my 920 three weeks now and dropped it x4 times, once in the gym on a wooden floor after bouncing off the treadmill, then once in a pub on some stairs then another two times in the car. there's not a mark on the handset although I do seem to have a load of scratches on the screen...probably as a result of keys / coins in my pocket.

I've seen the youtube video with the hammer etc... but I'm not completely convinced especially with the number of scratches mine has on it...now not viable with the screen protector.

The ROCK case is a nice tight fit and adds a bit of colour to the device, cost ?6 from eBay with delivery from China which took about two weeks to deliver.
Fellow MR2 owner? :) That's the case I got, in black (on a black 920.) I really like the quality of the case and am thinking of picking up another color just to change it up once in a while. I had like 10 cases when I had my iPhone lol

dumeng

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm buying zagg full body protection.. don't wanna scarth my lovely phone..

pre-order on indonesia, and will get my phone on 22 des ^^, it's very cheap in here just 620$ unlocked ^^

Kmaki

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
can you post pics? I was thinking about doing this, but i'm not a big fan of how rubbery the screen protectors feel.. i am curious how the back of the phone looks with a protector

I'll see what I can do when I get home tonight. I only see it if I look at it at the right angle.

It was difficult to get it to adhere to the curved parts when installing it. I had my friend that used to work at Best Buy Mobile install it for me and it turned out great.

Bary Nusz

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine was naked too! The phone is fairly large as it is so didn't want a case to add to the bulk.

Took a twelve inch drop to the floor to crack the screen.
:crying: My next one is going to have a case!

Mine shattered after a 20 inch fall. Case is on its way. I'm not impressed with Gorilla Glass 2.0

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I used mine naked for a few weeks, then decided to use a case as a precaution, since I dropped my iPhone several times in the past. I ordered a thin rubber red case from eBay, which I included a home/car charger and a screen protector for $10. The thin rubber case only adds a mm or two to the size and I haven't used the green protector since I keep the phone in a picket without keys and change (common sense, right?). The red isn't as nice as the polycarbonate red, but hoping this will mitigate damage ic I happen to drop it.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I prefer using a phone without a case and I love how the Red 920 looks, but I had recently dropped my lack Lumia 900 and shattered the screen. I don't want that to happen again. I also don't want to worry when my kids are playing a game on it. I would really like to get a clear case for it. I've found the following options, but I'm not sure what is the best to get.

Also, it appears as though the S-Line is sold/made by different companies, do you think they are all the same?
There appears to be different types of TPU cases, one that is more like rubber and one that is harder. What would provide better protection against drops? I'm thinking the rubber style would provide better protection.

Here is what I found.

1. GTMax Clear TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
- $2.95 (Looks like a harder case)

2. GTMax 5-Pack TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
with * 4-Color Clip Pen * (Black / Smoke / Clear / Blue / Red)
- $11.95 (This one is the same as the first one, just has addition colors and seems like a good price)

3. Clear TPU Flex Grip Gel Case + ATOM LED Keychain Light for
Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
- $3.99 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. This one has the cutouts for the buttons but the description makes it sound like the softer/rubbery gel type cases. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose.)

4. Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Nokia Lumia
920 (AT&T) - Clear
- $5.95 (Looks like the flexible rubbery/gel type. I'm concerned about the bottom part by the charger being lose)

5. GTMax Clear S-Shape TPU Case Cover + Clear Screen Protector
for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) with * 4-Color Clip Pen *
- $3.95 (same as #4?)

6. iTALKonline ProGel WAVE S-Line Tough Grip TPU Case Cover
Skin Protector For Nokia Lumia 920 - Clear Transparent
- $6.63 (same as #4?)

7. Worldshopping Clear S Line Rubber Skin Soft TPU Gel Case
Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessory
- $6.99 (same as #4?)

I'm guessing that the cases with cutouts for the buttons are more firm and the cases that go over the buttons are the more rubbery type. Which type would protect it better from a fall? I'm thinking of getting 2,3, and 5. #2 Would provide the harder shells with different colors (including clear), #3 would provide the clear (hopefully) rubbery type cover, and #5 would provide a rubbery type cover with the S-Line design. If #3 is the rubbery type design, it is the only all clear one I could find, otherwise the S-Line design is the only other option.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I used mine naked for a few weeks, then decided to use a case as a precaution, since I dropped my iPhone several times in the past. I ordered a thin rubber red case from eBay, which I included a home/car charger and a screen protector for $10. The thin rubber case only adds a mm or two to the size and I haven't used the green protector since I keep the phone in a picket without keys and change (common sense, right?). The red isn't as nice as the polycarbonate red, but hoping this will mitigate damage ic I happen to drop it.

Jastow, which one did you buy? Is the case flimsy around the charger port?

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember the name brand but the seller is mygadgetgarage based out of California. Its nothing fancy, just basic and functional.

ScarletStar

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I voted naked, but where's the bag/pocket option? Is that not popular in the US? My friends and me here in Germany all use bags from yomix...

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I voted naked, but where's the bag/pocket option? Is that not popular in the US? My friends and me here in Germany all use bags from yomix...

Yeah i don't know too many people who do the bag thing, but i would consider that naked. Since it is naked when you're using it at the least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb