missed call tone coming through with sound turned off

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I just ran across something interesting. I was messing around on my phone today when I received a call, since I was already looking at the phone the caller ID showed up and it was a number I didn't want to answer so instead of letting it continue vibrating for the entirety of the ringing I just hit "Ignore". Now I didn't think of it at the time, but once I hit ignore the phone just kicked the person to voicemail, but more importantly I didn't get the missed call tone.

ckd38

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Question: is there a feature where if you click the power button when a call is incoming, it will stop vibrating (if on vibrate) or stop ringing? (similar to the iphone)

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Question: is there a feature where if you click the power button when a call is incoming, it will stop vibrating (if on vibrate) or stop ringing? (similar to the iphone)

I haven't personally tried the power button, but I do know that if you hit either the volume buttons it will mute the ring/stop vibrating while a call is incoming.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on my device. I would place two phone calls. One to Verizon to say that Windows Phone 8 devices are experiencing this problem, and you just want it listed as a product issue (tech support can do that) and then a second to the manufacturer to say that their particular model is having the problem. We already know that a factory reset is not helping so feel free to tell them that you've already troubleshot it and just want to get the issue reported. If both parties start getting calls about this issue then the sooner it can be fixed. I work at VZW and submitted it as a possible product issue but it won't hurt to have other calls come in from those that are having the problem. to increase the sample size.

ssks303

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Verizon 8x here too. Haven't seen anyone mention this but I was listening to music with my headphones at a very low volume level (5 or 6) and I didn't notice a phone call came in. When the alert went off it just about made me deaf!!! Not at all happy about that...this needs to be fixed. Super annoyed...

Arne Starr

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I talked with Verizon and my person there will be contacting both HTC and MS about the issue, we'll reconnect in a couple of days. What we came up with is that this is a bad batch of the main program from MS, and the reason for that is there was a person in the office with the Nokia version, and on their network, and it did NOT have the problem, so we're thinking its a batch of phones with the glitched OS, not all of them. Also did find more glitches like no matter if its ticked on or off, the key presses are on regardless. Did talk to HTC and they also agreed its the OS being that its so specific to Verizon, whether its MS, Verizon or both, that's is what those two need to determine. Also the person at HTC did try to get an ETA on the first update from MS, but no date is being given as of yet. One suggestion from Verizon was to go through replacing the phone at the local store, calling ahead first, and of course immediately trying our problem on the replacement phone to see if it got fixed or not. I don't believe they have a way as of yet to determine any specific flash both phones got at this point.... Oh and I did try the ignore setting, it does not create the triple beep, but it doesn't fix it either, still beeps if you just let it go.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Just so everyone knows, you can turn off "all other notifications" under the sound options and you won't get the beep anymore. This works for me since the only notifications I need are for calls, voicemails, and texts, but obviously if you use other programs and want notifications it probably isn't the best solution since it turns all of those off.

This was posted in an old thread somewhere, but I just wanted to help those people who really do not want to be disturbed by the missed call beep.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Not on Verizon, or an 8x user, but does it have the option under sounds to turn off notification sounds? Just trying to help.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just so everyone knows, you can turn off "all other notifications" under the sound options and you won't get the beep anymore. This works for me since the only notifications I need are for calls, voicemails, and texts, but obviously if you use other programs and want notifications it probably isn't the best solution since it turns all of those off.

This was posted in an old thread somewhere, but I just wanted to help those people who really do not want to be disturbed by the missed call beep.

I have tried this, I believe I saw your post on another thread, but I still have the beeping coming through when I get a missed call.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't help with this issue. This is a Verizon specific issue. Verizon and htc are both aware of the issue. Look up my old post on this if you want to see htc's latest response.

Arne Starr

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Everything its ticked as off, so no, that doesn't work. Keypresses too, and they are still making noise as well. Just got a replacement from Verizon in theh opes that it wouldn't be from the "bad batch" but no luck, it did the same. It was a recertified from Verizon, so no idea on where it actually had come from originally, but apparently it was from the bad batch. They are going to try one more time, we'll see how the 2nd replacement goes. (This is the HTC red Windows 8 Phone)

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as I said in another thread, I was wrong. Turning off other notifications doesn't fix this - it still beeps, even after portico and a factory reset. Sorry for the misinformation everyone.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I feel like my phone used to not beep before I did the Portico reset, and I remember that I previously had my cellular setting to "LTE and CDMA only" instead of "Global." I haven't tried this out today, but if someone wants to try it and let us know...who knows, maybe it'll work?

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I talked with Verizon and my person there will be contacting both HTC and MS about the issue, we'll reconnect in a couple of days. What we came up with is that this is a bad batch of the main program from MS, and the reason for that is there was a person in the office with the Nokia version, and on their network, and it did NOT have the problem, so we're thinking its a batch of phones with the glitched OS, not all of them. Also did find more glitches like no matter if its ticked on or off, the key presses are on regardless. Did talk to HTC and they also agreed its the OS being that its so specific to Verizon, whether its MS, Verizon or both, that's is what those two need to determine. Also the person at HTC did try to get an ETA on the first update from MS, but no date is being given as of yet. One suggestion from Verizon was to go through replacing the phone at the local store, calling ahead first, and of course immediately trying our problem on the replacement phone to see if it got fixed or not. I don't believe they have a way as of yet to determine any specific flash both phones got at this point.... Oh and I did try the ignore setting, it does not create the triple beep, but it doesn't fix it either, still beeps if you just let it go.

First time I've heard an explanation of why some Verizon 8Xs have the "beep" problem and some don't. I've been wondering who was crazy and who wasn't!! *_* Thanks!!

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
FYI, anyone still following this thread. Software update target date is sometime in June to fix this particular issue. Could be sooner or later but they gave me February as the first update timeframe for another issue altogether and it was accurate. We will see. I work for VZ so don't expect every rep you talk to to know this. In fact don't even ask please. LOL. I'll share what I find out as I'm pretty invested in this matter.

Seannyblaze444

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the updates on this thread.

Pretty annoying when I am in a meeting or class with phone on vibrate, all other notifications and sounds set to off, and you get a pretty loud set up 3 beeps. I also have WP 8x by HTC with Verizon. Prettymuch dig the phone otherwise, but this is an annoying quirk. Not trying to b i t c h button ("Ignore") someone everytime I receive a call when I can't answer.

Anyway, thanks for the updates...hopefully that update in June is on-time and fixes the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb