I want to love my 920...but I am just not that satisfied with its camera. Anyone else?

Jmaxim

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
the pictures on the 920 come out a little soft and less saturated compared to an iphone 5 or another similar cell phone camera and that's probably due to post-processing algorithms which can be fixed through an update. i actually like the less saturation. being able to change photo settings such as the iso, white balance, exposure, etc on the main camera app rather than fumbling around on another app on an iphone is a huge plus for me!

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

I took this pic on both my iphone 4S (no sample pic) and the 920. While both devices handled the subject with no issue, i was able to grab more depth of field with the 920 which were the tree on the left side and a faint tree on the very end of the right side from a distance. My iphone couldn't even show those two items i mentioned. So i'm impressed with the potential this camera can do with just a few algorithm tweaks from Nokia i hope in the near future.
This sir is a awesome photo!

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
3. Skydrive images usually appear ever so slightly less sharp than if you download the same images to PC and view them using Windows Photo Viewer or something similar. It's been like this all along. Maybe they downrez them to save bandwidth?

5. Don't press down the shutter button in one motion. Always use the half-press or tap-screen method to get AF to lock.

What?
They downgrade the pics as they get uploaded?
this is true?

I learned to do that shutter buttom midway properly yesterday :D

https://g0duag.bay.livefilestore.co...nxT0jusGA1wIYg68C5/WP_20130115_012.jpg?psid=1

Favorite pic of my headphones I took

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
These could be a little crisper but they are not terrible.

I find my photos are a bit hit or miss with the 920. It's taken some AMAZING photos so I know the potential is there but it needs to be more consistent.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
When you view the photos in the resolutions they were taking in, fullscreen if you like, they always tend to be a little fuzzy. If you change the resolution to a bit smaller, they look more smooth. It's like that with every phone. The only phone so far that can take pictures that look awesome in full size is 808. :)

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
You can make the Skydrive uploads be the full image, not a compressed image. It's in the settings.

well yeah I knew that.
The way it was worded in the other posted, it seemed like he said if you downloaded from skydrive, your photos lose some sharpness than transferring your photos from the phone

got me confused and wanted to ask if this was true since I never transferred photos from my phone but use skydrive for my photos. Yeah i upload them on their original size

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster