HOW TO REMOVE DUST from FF camera

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
for starters.. this is a 920 board... and i notice some dust in the FF camera... so all i did, was with air can and straw attachment, blow 6-8 inches away from the ear piece , which is a small slit... blow it their... should clear the dust...

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
and worry about it going under the main screen instead?

no thanks. i'll hold off on blowing air in to my device.

been doing this for a while.. no dust under my screen... it's the only flaw... they should have closed it out completely from any opening

"for most folks... like me... we are already out of the return period... and this is one of the only solutions left... either or... it's working for me, with out causing any more concerns... when you get dust in the ear piece... it will eventually go into the FF... you start to see a build up.... then by that point... this thread will grow ..."

Last edited:

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I share congusano's concerns about where the dust goes after you blast it with canned air. Also... canned air may leave a residue on the lens which could be more harmful than the speck of dust.

My thoughts... if the 920 is still within the exchange period, swap it out for a new one. If that's not an option, contact Nokia to see if they have any suggestions. Then again, if the dust spec isn't showing up on videos or pictures it may be best not to worry about it.

Michael4000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I share congusano's concerns about where the dust goes after you blast it with canned air. Also... canned air may leave a residue on the lens which could be more harmful than the speck of dust.

My thoughts... if the 920 is still within the exchange period, swap it out for a new one. If that's not an option, contact Nokia to see if they have any suggestions. Then again, if the dust spec isn't showing up on videos or pictures it may be best not to worry about it.

Are the newer ones sealed better?

Michael

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I figured this out myself and was going to post this. I just used Caned Air with the straw and it cleaned the FF Camera.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my second Lumia and they both have had dust under the ffc. There is no dust under the screen at all after using the canned air. But dude up there is right, gonna have to repeat in about a month

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs