Nokia 920 screen protector blocks access to the phone (screen) during calls

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I somehow managed to put some scuffs in the screen, I think it was just rubbing against some coins in my pocket? Not sure how others thrown nails and knives at it without any damage.

Anyways, I quickly purchased a couple of screen protectors and once applied, a strange phenomenon happens: one you place a call, the screen turns off, (just like any touch screen phone when placed to the ear) but my Lumia screen turned off without placing it to the ear.
Once the call is connected, the screens turns off no matter what I do, I no longer have access to any functions or buttons.
I need to wait for the other party to hang up before I can gain access to the phone again! Good like if the other party is an answering machine or auto attendant asking you to press cetain keys to direct you to the right person.

Only by pressing the middle button, the screen will turn back on for half a second or less, and one requires speed to go for the "end call?. I had to do it few times before I managed to hang up.

Anyone experienced the same behaviour/ is there a fix? I tried both display sensitivities, but to no avail.
If someone wants to try, just place your 920 in a sandwich bag and make a call!

Cheers
AD

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
The screen protector is covering the proximity sensor located above the "N" in Nokia. Take it off, cut that part off and you are good to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6