Do all of these have screen lift??

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I finally went to a Microsoft Store to purchase a Verizon Blue 8X after several years on Android. I figured I would try something new and fresh, and take a leap of faith. It's not starting out very good.

I had read of some people complaining about the glass in the lower left corner of the phone lifted up more than the other 3 corners. Mine has it and it's to the point where I can fit my finger nail under the glass and lift it up. I was so disappointed that I didn't even bother charging the phone up or doing anything with it. I immediately put it back in the box and am going back to the Microsoft Store after work.

How common is this? If most of them are like this, I might not even bother exchanging it. At the very least I will have them open the box of the new one to make sure it's good.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SRRAE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had the screen lift on one corner, the bottom right.
I sent it back and the next one was perfect.
After getting a replacement I had suspicsions that the first one had previously been sent back by some one else, probably for the same issue.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the problem, I went to Verizon and me and the manager went through over 10 brand new phones that had the same problem. You are really lucky if your phone doesn't have that! Apparently they all do!

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this is disheartening, but it's good to hear that some people got good ones. I will find out in about 30 minutes, I will let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks!

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 8x has a very minimal lift on the bottom left corner. But it doesn't bother me. If someone picked up my phone they wouldn't even notice the lift. So it is nearly perfect.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
My 8x has a very minimal lift on the bottom left corner. But it doesn't bother me. If someone picked up my phone they wouldn't even notice the lift. So it is nearly perfect.

I have exactly that too. In fact I only noticed it in the last few days, and I've had it for three weeks. (Hope that doesn't mean it spontaneously appeared...)

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
The way they are building these one piece polycarbonate phones lends itself to this.
Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Instead of lifting up on the screen you would be much better off gently pressing down on the corners periodically. Especially when the phone has been in a warm environment. In sure an adhesive is used and would be "stickier" when warm.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
You might even want to lay something semi-heavy (book) on it at night. Not too heavy, and put a cloth on it to protect the screen.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't seem to have any screen lift on my phone, but I have noticed a very slight almost imperceptible separation near the top right of my phone between the glass and the case. It's not lifting away, more like the casing doesn't fit snuggly around the glass. It doesn't seem to be a problem and have decided to live with it.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, good news guys. I went back to the Microsoft Store after work and the same guy who sold me the phone was still there. He was very cool and noticed the screen lift right away. I told him I would like him to bring out a few phones so we can check some if the first one has the same issue. He said he couldn't since he has to scan each phone that he brings out.

While I was at it, I wasn't really feeling the blue phone after all so I asked him to bring a black one out. The first one he brought was absolutely flawless. No lift at all, all the edges are the same height from the bezel and no screen separation from the bezel either. Been using it since last night and am loving it! No issues so far!

So I guess there are some flawless ones out there. :grin:

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged one for a dead pixel and my second one has a rattling volume rocker. Only reason I didn't exchange my second one was because I am confident that the third one will have the screen lift or something else.

Moral of the story, HTC quality control sucks. If they want to take out Samsung and Apple, they should invest in a better quality control screening process first before they invest in junk like beats, amp, and wide angle ffc. Heck, I would rather them invest in QC before 1080p screens.

Lyssa B

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My first blue 8x from AT&T was exchanged for a speck in the glass, but there was no screen lift and the second one is perfect.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had a light leak on mine on the bottom of the screen since I got it and decided to just live with it but noticed now the light leak has spread to the lower left of the screen as well. It doesn't look like the screen is lifting but I can't think of anything else which would cause the light leak to get progressively worse. I've had it for a month but will take it back to AT&T tomorrow and see what they say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12