AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Unlock?

Lumia920User

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its been a quiet sometime the Nokia Lumia 920 has been released in USA by AT&T as month-to-month contract.I am seeing a lot of people are using ST or NET10 as their service provider for the time being and desperately trying to unlock their Lumia. Also to mention that AT&T promised that they will unlock the phone if bought as month-to-month.Here is transcript of the chat history

Michael F.: I'm happy to help you.
Axxxxxx: If I cancel the plan after getting the no-contract phone will AT&T unlock it?
Michael F.: No-contract is not quite the same thing as unlocked. AT&t doesn't cell unlocked cell phones. However, if you purchase a phone at the no-commitment price, it is possible to call Customer Care and request an unlock.
Axxxxxx: yes since I am not long in USA
Axxxxxx: and have to go back to home country and I travel a lot to other different countries
Axxxxxx: I was also wondering whether AT&T unlocks it
Michael F.: As I mentioned, if you purchase a phone at the no-commitment price, it is possible to call Customer Care and request an unlock.
Axxxxxx: ok

As mentioned above I requested an unlock code after I received the phone on 26th Nov and they said it will be available not earlier than 4th Dec.Its not required to mention that I have not got the unlock code today.

I was wondering how many people who have tried to unlock their phone through AT&T or any third party have been successful.

Lets use this thread to inform each other's success or ding story for Nokia Lumia 920 unlock exclusively for USA.(or that matter AT&T as that is the only carrier now).Lets inform each other about third party story also.

No discussion please only the details of the unlock story.

Last edited by a moderator:

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Unlock success story

AT&T Lumia 920s are not unlockable.. It's plain and simple as that. Just because they promise they will unlock, doesn't mean the rep knew what he was talking about. Usually, yes if you purchase phone at full price from AT&T, they will unlock it. But with Lumia 920 being exclusive to AT&T for 6 months, no matter what they say and no matter how many cases they open, at the end of the day they will NOT unlock it. Same happened to 900. They promised full price 900s would be unlocked if requested, not a single one was unlocked for the first 6 months. I know because I tried many times. All AT&T reps combined know less about 920 than an average user on WPCentral.

DarrenSproat

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Unlock success story

I've had my L920 for three weeks. Purchased it full price from Rogers and I requested an unlock code from customer care same day I picked up the phone. An hour after picking it up I was activated on my preferred carrier network and all has been just fine. Now, if only I could change this stupid Rogers splash screen...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It is possible to unlock Lumia 920 but they cannot unlock before Feb 1st 2013 i.e. 90 days from the contract began. I escalated the issue and spoke to their customer service manager today and this was the reply...

sambrown310

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
from what i was made to understand there is a 6 month time frame but it all depends on how the phone was purchased and which methods are used.I bought my nokia lumia 920 from ebay and i got my unlock code from htpp://gsmfast.net how i heard about them was from googling i tried them they took paypal and i was ok from there.

alvinvmateo74

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know if GSM fast unlock service worked? Anyone successful with an unlock service. a $75 charge may be worth it in the longrun since at&t is robbing me with their service if I can get a cheaper option with Tmobile.

I tried cell unlockshack.com they couldn't do it.

I also tried cellunlocker.net no bueno either...

prashantghabak

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi posted a query to cellunlock.net. I got the following reply. I don't have a Lumia 920 but I am planning to buy one from US. But since I live in India I can't use it if it is not unlocked.
Did someone try this site?

Hi
Yes we can unlock your phone

Best Regards,
CellUnlock.net Team
Unlock Blackberry | Unlock iPhone | Unlock Samsung HTC |CellUnlock.net
Toll Free: 1(877)356-4003
Worldwide: 1(786)377-5225

Please keep all prior transmissions on the same e-mail when you reply.

Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 3:29 AM
To: CellUnlock.net
Subject: Contact Form Submission

Name
Prashant Ghabak
Subject
Can you unlock this model
I wanted to know if u can unlock Nokia Lumia 920 on At&T. Have you done it for some people?
Verification_Code
HpcT
submit
Send

gortyargen

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just to confirm what everyone already knows.... Called AT&T today asking about an unlock. Guy took the IMEI code then told me that the phone wasn't eligible for an unlock until May. I've read where some people say they managed to get a code off AT&T. Don't know how they managed it.. Guy I spoke to was pretty definite that they wouldn't unlock it.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just to confirm what everyone already knows.... Called AT&T today asking about an unlock. Guy took the IMEI code then told me that the phone wasn't eligible for an unlock until May. I've read where some people say they managed to get a code off AT&T. Don't know how they managed it.. Guy I spoke to was pretty definite that they wouldn't unlock it.

Similar Experience with official date as 19th May

kaybal1

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I got a response back from AT&T with the unlock code which I tried and doesn't work.

Below was the email I got from them:

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL PLEASE DO NOT REPLY BACK TO "OKCQSubsidyUnlock" AS ALL MESSAGES SENT TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED WITHOUT BEING READ. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE 1-800-331-0500 FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE.

BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THE UNLOCK CODE BELOW PLEASE VERIFY THE FIRST 15 DIGITS OF YOUR IMEI BY TYPING *#06# ON YOUR PHONE’S KEYPAD. THE UNLOCK CODE IS SPECIFIC TO THE IMEI. IF YOUR IMEI DOES NOT MATCH THE IMEI BELOW PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE, DO NOT USE THIS CODE AS IT COULD PERMANENTLY LOCK YOUR HANDSET.

EMAIL: b**********.com
CASE: CM2012120*_********
MOBILE: 4*********
MANUFACTURER: Nokia
MODEL: Lumia 920
IMEI: 3536800********
UNLOCK CODE: 63171642351796500000

NOTE:

The customer only has five (5) tries to unlock the phone.
If this process is unsuccessful five times in a row, the phone will be permanently locked to the AT&T network.

INSTRUCTIONS:
*Switch the phone off
*Insert not valid SIM Card into the phone
*Switch the phone on and enter SIM card PIN code if requested
*Wait for the SIM unlock UI to open
*Type in the SIM unlock code (20 digits) and press “enter”

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, have you had contact with ATT since not being able to use the unlock code?

I got a response back from AT&T with the unlock code which I tried and doesn't work.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL PLEASE DO NOT REPLY BACK TO "OKCQSubsidyUnlock" AS ALL MESSAGES SENT TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED WITHOUT BEING READ. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE 1-800-331-0500 FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE.

BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THE UNLOCK CODE BELOW PLEASE VERIFY THE FIRST 15 DIGITS OF YOUR IMEI BY TYPING *#06# ON YOUR PHONE’S KEYPAD. THE UNLOCK CODE IS SPECIFIC TO THE IMEI. IF YOUR IMEI DOES NOT MATCH THE IMEI BELOW PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE, DO NOT USE THIS CODE AS IT COULD PERMANENTLY LOCK YOUR HANDSET.

NOTE:

If this process is unsuccessful five times in a row, the phone will be permanently locked to the AT&T network.

INSTRUCTIONS:
*Switch the phone off

prashantghabak

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So when you asked for the unlock code they gave it to you directly? You are one of the rare ones who actually got the unlock code from AT&T. Keep us posted if u r able to unlock it.

NOTE:

INSTRUCTIONS:
*Switch the phone off

deenlal

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Any one here to help me out...

Bought Lumia 920 cyan from Best buy - off contract for 650$.... they said its unlocked phone only and later on after delivery it is a locked phone to At&t...

we tried to contact both At&t and best buy customer care... but no response till now.... anyone in this forum can help me in this regard...

Now phone is with me in India....

Awaiting your response friends....

prashantghabak

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Any one here to help me out...

Bought Lumia 920 cyan from Best buy - off contract for 650$.... they said its unlocked phone only and later on after delivery it is a locked phone to At&t...

we tried to contact both At&t and best buy customer care... but no response till now.... anyone in this forum can help me in this regard...

Now phone is with me in India....

Awaiting your response friends....

Where in India do you live. I called a few mobile unlocking stores and they said that they can unlock Nokia Lumia 920 with At&T as carrier. They said that they had done it successfully for some mobiles. But since bestbuy claimed that it is unlocked you should take up the issue with them. charging 200$ more for the same phone is cheating.

Abhishek M

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Where in India do you live. I called a few mobile unlocking stores and they said that they can unlock Nokia Lumia 920 with At&T as carrier. They said that they had done it successfully for some mobiles.
has any ATT NL 920 actually been unlocked in India?
Sure there are many sites claiming that, but are you entirely sure about being done ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel