And my Lumia 920 screen shattered

Harish Rao

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It's with great pain, I am sharing the picture of my Lumia920's shattered screen. Was returning from lab and took my phone out of my pocket, slipped and fell on the walkway. I couldn't believe my eyes, the glass did not hold at all! Screen shattered from 3 ft? I am not sure what AT&t\T will do, I will be going to store first thing in the morning and I do not have insurance. Does any body here know anything about replacement? Will AT&T or Nokia do it? I am student and cannot afford big money. And for sure I don't want to go for any other phones or return to my iphone. Please help me if any of you here have information.
Thank you.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    855.6 KB · Views: 104

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh jesus christ, thats horrible!

I REALLY really feel for you man. Thats harsh... Id contact nokia directly and explain the situation, and hope that since theyre on the hotseat with this ongoing launch that theyll be nice and replace it for you.

Please let us know what happens onwards. Oh, and get insurance on your next one :) .

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If you dropped it, I doubt that you will get it replaced without insurance.

No wonder why we are waiting for phones in Scandinavia when you are replacing your phones at the speed of light ;)

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Tafseren: should have ordered from Clove back mid-November when they got that white shipment ,) . Course, Ive since had to return it cause of battery issues, so maybe you dodged a bullet there... I think Telenor has it in stock, though? Sorry for going OT :p .

Sanpd

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
If you dropped it, I doubt that you will get it replaced without insurance.

No wonder why we are waiting for phones in Scandinavia when you are replacing your phones at the speed of light ;)

I have recieved my Lumia 920 from my Danish Carrier, so I wouldn't say we're on the waiting list anymore.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, then you are a tad more lucky there :)

My red one is said to be coming in early January..but I am still crossing my fingers that it will arrive before Christmas eve. A lot of other retailers says it's coming in late December.

Semiliner

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just last night I dropped my 920 from ----20CM---- ....completely broken glass, the same as in photo above. I'm in love with WP and this Lumia but this is beyond bad. I don't see where is gorilla glass 2 here. I had a Dell Venue Pro with gorilla glass, dropped so many times and it's still intact!!!

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just last night I dropped my 920 from ----20CM---- ....completely broken glass, the same as in photo above. I'm in love with WP and this Lumia but this is beyond bad. I don't see where is gorilla glass 2 here. I had a Dell Venue Pro with gorilla glass, dropped so many times and it's still intact!!!
It all depends on the fall. I dropped mine from 10 feet up onto concrete and just scrapped up the bottom and dented the corners. And the screen popped out a little and I pushed it back into the casing.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I get that. But still, sucks bigtime. 20cm guys

**** happens.
With my iPhone 4 i dropped it who knows how many times, dropped my iPhone 4S for the first time and the screen was gone. It's a luck game at how the phone lands.
Lumia 920 has done amazingly on the screen test on the Youtube.

Never understood peoples expectations with gorilla glass. It's branding, nothing else. of course it scratches and brakes like any other glass, even if especially with scratches it's more durable.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
why use glass over a harden plastic? i know plastic scratches but wouldnt a plexiglass screen hold up better than glass in a fall especially with a screen protector?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
why use glass over a harden plastic? i know plastic scratches but wouldnt a plexiglass screen hold up better than glass in a fall especially with a screen protector?

Like you said, it would scratch more easily and imo glass also feels much better on these TS devices. Gorilla glass is now kind of a industry standard.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The galaxy s3 has gorilla glass 2 and I know one person who dropped his from a very small height and did the same to the screen. GG2 is great for scratches, but hit it right and it shatters like the 1mm thick glass it really is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs