Maps search problem

anon(5402839)

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody having problems with Maps app?

When I search street name I'm getting an message that says: No results / We couldn't find any matches for your search. Try a different spelling or search term.

When you type city name it shows up but when you search for a street name it can not find anything. I live in Netherlands btw.

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Same thing for me in Florida. I tried a few different street names. If I don't put in a street number it sends me to the city center. The map app needs a lot of work.

anon(5402839)

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for the reply. I had an job interview at Monday and I was counting on the Maps to find the address. For in case I installed gMaps downloaded map data from whole country for offline viewing from official app.

Then I arrived by the Train Station went outside (Snowing) and wanted to check where I was and where I should go. I opened official Maps app started to search for the address but then NO RESULTS :)

Then I opened up gMaps everything is blurry scrolling just so fast really buggy. Fired-up IE to open Nokia Here everything is blurry scrolling is awful etc. Tried to open Google Maps on IE but it just redirects to the Google Home Page. It was a terrible experience. In that moment I tought I wish I had my HTC Wildfire S with me!

I think I'm not gonna wait for Microsoft to fix this things. Because I'm new in this country and have to travel a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923