No Audio Completely

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
So couple of days ago I left my phone on my desk and was doing something else in a different room just to come back to 4 missed calls. Firs thing I thought my volume is too low but no it was 25. So I tried to call myself from home phone and no ring. My next step was to see if I can get any audio out of the phone at all. Tried to set ring tone, nothing. Played my music, same result. Restarted the phone everything is back to normal. Today I was in the car, spoke on my phone through car Bluetooth, got on the train, put my headphones in, no sound. Again? Yep, same exact result. Looked through every setting I could find. The only way to get it back is to turn the phone off and on again. Anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This is the first time I have read a thread reporting this. To turn off all sound you have to turn the volume all the way down to zero. If you are showing 25 it should be making some sounds. The only other thing I can think of is if the 3.5 jack is messing up thinking headphones are connected when they are not. You tried headphones so that cant be it. I am leaning to saying hardware issue but a restart fixes it so maybe software? I would try deleting some of my most recently loaded apps. If that doesn't fix it its time to try to replace the device.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue one time and thought it was my phone. Then I figured out it was synced to my car bluetoogh as A/V. I unlinked the bluetooth all was well. It probably is not the case for you, but try checking to see if by any chance it is linked to any bluetooth device.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've had similar problems when streaming music. Starts out ok when listening to music, if I watch a video going back to my music the device wont stream anymore. Videos will work if I try that again but no music will stream until I restart the phone. Dodgy stuff.

darthvardhan

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
The problem with my phone is that when I plugin the headphones after charging then there is very low output through both the headset and the speaker but then when I watch a video it works fine. The ringer is not affected but the music player is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999