"Call.....on speaker" makes phone lose its mind

ChuckDavis666

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is a device or OS issue. I'll crosspost on the WP8 forum.

If I enter a voice command "Call <contact> on speaker" my 8X totally loses its mind. The microphone stops working, which means callers can't hear me and voice command stops working. Even more weird, I can't call the number I called, either manually dialing or from the contact record. I can call other numbers, however. A reboot clears the problem.

Voice command to "Call <contact>" doesn't cause any issues (yet). It's the "on speaker" that seems to be causing the problem.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? Is there a known fix?

Is there a channel for reporting bugs to Microsoft and/or HTC? I really don't want to go through Verizon.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the same result as you. definite bug.

my fav way to contact is using @winphonesupport on twitter, at least you get a response.

NoKo

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen on T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon 8x models (I tried all 3 as I was in disbelief about this problem). Happens reliably on every one, and the only fix is a reboot.

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've contacted both HTC and Microsoft and they are reportedly looking into it. Microsoft was able to replicate the issue on all their phones. There was a previous thread started on this subject as well.

ChuckDavis666

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update pvtpyle75. How did you contact Microsoft? As suggested above by user Coffee, I've been working with Microsoft via Twitter, but it's a bit challenging to do troubleshooting 142 characters at a time. Did Microsoft confirm the bug on models other than the HTC 8X?

Can you post the link to the other thread? I didn't find it when I searched before making my original post.

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update pvtpyle75. How did you contact Microsoft? As suggested above by user Coffee, I've been working with Microsoft via Twitter, but it's a bit challenging to do troubleshooting 142 characters at a time. Did Microsoft confirm the bug on models other than the HTC 8X?

Can you post the link to the other thread? I didn't find it when I searched before making my original post.

Here is a link to the other discussion

http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/211992-speaker-mic-disabled-voice-control-problem.html

I also sent you a PM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb