Happy Lumia 920 & WP8 users Club

imZadok

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Happy Lumia 920 users Club

I'm a very happy iPhone 4 convert. It took a few days for my Lumia 920 battery life to improve and for me to get used to a new way of doing things, but now that I have adapted I really enjoy using my black Lumia 920. It is definitely the best phone I've ever owned, and I can't see myself ever going back to the iPhone.

My brother has an iPhone 5 and my best friend a Samsung Galaxy S III and I prefer my Lumia 920 over both of those phones. I love how easy it is to drag and drop pictures, videos, and music. I love how vibrant and responsive the screen is. I love the interface. I love the image stabilisation for low light shots and video recording.

Also, weight is a non-issue. I got my mother to hold my Lumia 920 in one hand and her iPhone 4S in the other, and she actually thought the iPhone weighed more... The weight is very evenly distributed and it actually feels less dense than the iPhone 4 and 4S.

I have also found every app I want, so no complaints there.

I'm very happy I made the #switch to a Lumia 920!

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

The Lumia 920 in my opinion is the ultimate Windows Phone. I came from the HD7 which served its purpose, but the Lumia 920 simply is in a class of its own.

Add me as a proud member of this club.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

There were a couple of MINOR things about the 920 the first few days I had it that I was unhappy with - namely the battery life. Once I figured that out, I was thrilled with the phone. It's seriously one of the best phones I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot.

I guess its like this - does the 920 and WP8 have some issues? Sure. But every phone I've ever had has issues. No phone is perfect. The 920 has the least amount of issues, so its the best. I actually returned a Galaxy S3 to buy the 920 - what a piece of crap that "flagship Android phone" is. Ugh.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site

Mine was slightly quirky for a few days. Everything has evened out now and I love is just as much as my previous Focus. I'm so glad to be done with Android for good. Love my Red 920!!

Fred Garvin MP

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I am definitely one of the totally happy people with my Lumia 920.
I have had absolutely no problems with it, and LOVE the wireless charging!
The combination of great hardware, and WP8 have been really good for me so far.
Are there some things I would like changed? Sure. The lack of individual volume controls for ringers/notifications etc. is one, but that can be changed, and hopefully will be with the update next month. (Can't wait for that!)

Otherwise, no real complaints that a little patience can't fix!

chuey101

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Sign me up! Came from an hd7 currently using an unlocked 920 on T-Mobile and I love it. This phone is the one I've been dreaming of since windows phone was launched.

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Think of being a castaway for five years on a deserted island with no way to connect to the outside world except thru your imagination. While strolling along a pure white sandy beach morning breaks and an old friend announces a new day. Out of the corner of one eye a half buried bright, shiny, red object catches your attention. Reaching down with one hand gently retrieving the object your heart begins to beat fast, then faster when suddenly a forgotten sound emits through the air. Instinctively you flick a single digit across its face, a face that quickly displays an array of colorful, live tiles of varying sizes, some extending fully across, some only half way and still more about 1/8th the size of its original. Imagine, again, a genie called Nokia lies within that can grant your every wish...even more than three...email, done...txt, done...music, done...what day is it and the time, yes, the time, done...internet, you have got to be kidding! Nokia says there is more...yes, there is an app for anything sitting right there in Store (you are dreaming after all)...go ahead, I know you need your ESPN fix...a camera and not just a camera, you can take great pictures of the Moon & the stars or a beautiful blue sky stretching to the horizon...speaking of the horizon, how about GPS, done.

Wait...Nokia tells me I have a phone call...who could that be? "Hello, this is Paul, where are you?" "Could I call you back, I'm a little busy at the moment...no, wait, don't go"...then you begin rubbing your eyes, awakening from a deep sleep when the phone rings next to your bed. Its Paul, "Where are you? You promised to call me back!" Then realizing you were cradling the new, Nokia Lumia 920 Glossy Red in the palm of your hand you reply, "You will never believe where I've been..."

Suffice it to say, my new Nokia Lumia 920 Glossy Red is truly a dream. It does what you want it to do and more; but, you'll just have to get your own genie to see.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Sign me up as well! Ha. Absolutely love the 920. There are a couple little things but they in no way make me enjoy the phone any less. The phone as a whole is wonderful. No real complaints. Must admit that I cannot wait to get my hands on a wireless charging device!

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

Been a windows phone user since abandoning Android for the original Focus and love my red 920!

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Add me to the club - this things rocks. I also love that I'm already getting updates from Nokia that are so easy. I thought they were app updates, but they are OTA system updates. Rockin!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You can add me to that list. I loved my 900, never had any trouble with it and I love my 920 too. I really have no significant complaints about it, it's the best phone I've ever owned.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It has some quirks, but, what device doesn't? I love my 920 despite the warts and look forward to the bug fixes..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
What I'm happy about:

1- Ergonomics, the shape of the 920 is much improved over my 920, it fits in my hand like a glove. Feels so good I often hold it just to hold it.
2- Crazy high resolution. One of my top 3 items that I wanted most in my next phone. The 1280x768 is a godsend for watching HD movies and viewing webpages.
3- The resizable tiles and new colors, one of my other top 3 items, so happy to have this feature in WP8, it makes all the difference in the world.
4- IE10, it's not perfect, but much improved over IE9 and I'm pretty pleased with it.
5- The camera. WOW... one of my top wishes for the 920 too. I guess the daytime pics could improve, but I've had no complaints and the dimmer pics and macro rock.
6- Design. I'm really glad the moved the screen closer to the top of the phone on the 920. Overall the design has improved in many ways and the 900 was already great.
7- Overall performance and response. My 900 was good in this area, but the 920 with the more sensitive screen, WP8 and dual-core is noticeably more snappy.
8- Multi-tasking has improved. Apps resume faster in WP8 and many of the newer ones resume without delay. Looking forward to all apps behaving that way.
9- New apps. Already starting to see some great new apps for the platform and I look forward to even more.
10- Other Misc WP8 improvements. Little things like the new OneNote, screenshots, multi-select for pics and Lenses have brought some more polish to the OS.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Please count me in too! I've had some very good phones in the past (iPhone 3GS, HTC Rezound, HTC One X), but have never been this happy with a phone. I'm thrilled to finally have a phone with a low-light capable camera. Most of my shots are indoors or outdoors at night, and it's wonderful. Audio is excellent, call quality is excellent, and WP8 is sooooo much fun, I can play with my layout way more than I even did with Android, but the difference is when I'm done playing around I'm very happy with the results rather than planning what to try changing next.

Love it!!!

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Sign Me Up! I have had Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus S, Nokia 800, Nokia 900, and now Lumia 920 which is by far the best one yet and the Camera is amazing!

BMCgts

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You can definitely add my name to this list!! I have had a Black 920 since launch and my gf's yellow 920 came in tuesday. Love the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes