Happy Lumia 920 & WP8 users Club

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the happy campers club. I had a Windows Mobile device back in the day as well as a Blackberry with Verizon, then have used Android ever since. I was looking for a change, something new and fresh. What I ended up with was just that, I’m really digging WP8 and I really love this Lumia 920 (Mr. White)……best device to date I’ve owned!

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Lovin' my Yellow 920....feels really well built, WP8 is a great improvement from my old 800, the battery life is much better than my 800 too. 10 out of 10 from me.

zombiwoof

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I bought my Lumina 920 (Red) about a month ago and so far I love it. A few minor issues but still would not go back to IPhone. The large screen is easier to read for my old eyes. I especially like not having to use ITunes to load music, Apple has yet again changed the interface of ITunes 8^(.

The phone feels good in my hand, keep up the great work Microsoft. Am looking forward to some new cool apps.

Ariozo

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Think i have most top end phones out there, and still get the latest ones when they come out. And been on Note2/ip5 as my daily devices, but when i got my Lumia few weeks ago i was in love. :)
This days it is the Lumia that follows me 99% and working great for my use, ofc. i miss some apps from ios/android but nothing i can?t live without. And as i not play games on my phones i dont miss Ios that some love becouse off all games. For me this is for sure a keeper for a while now..:)

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have had all variations of the I phone but was getting bored. I had a Sony Xperia S until last month but I didnt like using android that much.
This phone (Red 920) is a wee beauty, nice clean and simple OS, easy and interesting to use. Some issues getting music from my i tunes account on my mac to the phone but got it sorted and was less hassle than the Sony phone.
As a plus my music sounds good on this phone.
My only gripe is with the browser as there is no go back a page, what is there you have to click twice and sometimes it doesnt respond. I would like a new browser to be available.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sign me up. One of the best pieces of tech I've used. And I've used a lot. Sure, I'm on my third one, but I've stuck with it because it is so fantastic. Just a couple of quality issues that EVERY product launch is bound to see. I've also had email conversations with Stephen Elop regarding the phone. That's just icing on the cake!

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
You can't appreciate the sweet without the sour. Was exclusively a Nokia phone user with my last being an e51. Times changed and things got away from Nokia. I decided to give an iPhone 3GS a shot (my sour). After it fell apart after a year I couldn't believe what I was reading...Nokia and MS were teaming up. I knew the first iteration would be a good first effort, but the real effort would be the second iteration, so I didn't burn my upgrade, but instead bought an 800 to test out the "new Nokia" and MS ecosystem. Man was I impressed. Going to the 920 has just been awesome. Great, quality piece of hardware and great supporting software. It's just going to get better. Nokia definitely has its swagger back.

Ariozo

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
can live with the ie browser, but would be nice with one or two options for browsers. :)
One thing i did not like first day, is that they have the Keyboard/phonepad on same Vol. and the pad has way higher frq. so when you are ok with keyboard sound then folks hear you 1 mile when you use the dialpad. :)
Not a big thing, i just turned sound off. But still like some kind off sound/vib. on keyboard.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I am absolutely in LOVE with my 920 and cannot imagine having another phone at this point. The Phone itself has been phenomenal, and the OS has been great as well. My wife who has been a LONG time iphone user is even contemplating getting one at this point.

Great phone and great OS.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sign me up! I was a hardcore iPhone user because I didn't like the other platforms. Windows 8 Phone has completely met and exceeded all my expectations. A few hiccups in the road but in the end I couldn't be happier with it! Picked it up on release day in US and haven't looked back :)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep this thread GOING! Lumia 920 deserves the love, seriously.
Every phone has its hiccups and bumpy-road. This phone already has the least of those for me.
And not to be rude, just want to clarify that the phone is not called "Lumina"!! xD

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My younger brother, who lives on his iPhone, was looking at my 920 last night and really liked it. He was impressed that it was as quick and responsive as his iPhone ("Androids are laggy") and that the interface "looks nicer." He liked the live tiles and the design of the people hub and photos hub. He also was surprised it can be used while wearing gloves. His biggest concern was "can this do voice to text?" Yes, it can.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The thing that sticks out most to me: I don't need a normal camera anymore. This phone does such a good job with photos and importing them onto the computer or even SkyDrive. And I think they have a better cloud for these things then Google has.
"can this do voice to text?" Yes, it can.

And very well. Use it everyday driving to work. Or just driving. Very convenient.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to join the Facebook group as soon as I can get onto the site (blocked at work). This phone is pretty amazing. I didn't even know until last night that I can set up groups to get better filtered Facebook and Twitter updates. I've since uninstalled the apps and I'm enjoying just using them directly through the OS (had the accounts linked, just didn't know this bit of functionality). This phone feels MUCH more personalized than any of my previous Android phones ever did. I also have a Windows 8 laptop at home that is linked to my hotmail account. Loved that setting up anything in my people stuff automatically got everything set up on my laptop, as well (I prefer laptops over tablets, honestly). The whole experience is wonderful, and I'm going to be in love with this phone for a while, I think.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm really happy with mine. The shortcomings in the 900 really irked me a bit (camera issues, WP7 limitations such as resolution etc..., rattle), but the 920 seems to have addressed all that. I prefer full RGB AMOLED over IPS but I can get used to IPS. The 920 really is a monumental leap over the 900. I like it so much I think I might start developing some fart apps or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs