Any good examples of cinemagraph being used?

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
As per the title really. I'm struggling with the Cinemagraph function. Either I don't get it.. (which is a high probability) or I'm doing it wrong..

Has anyone got any good constructive input on how to get the best out of this function or better still, any examples?

thanks

nokiafan99

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey it worked for me. I have used it a couple of times in family get to-gather and my cousins were amazed that you could do that with a phone. All have iphone 5. Its pretty amazing

tor landeel

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I made my collegue go from the right to the hanger and wave hello. Then I edited the gif using the brush to reduce the animation on the rightmost part of the gif, leaving only the part on the left of the hanger. :)
Too bad my hands shook a bit.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I've got a short review coming up later today on Cinemagraph. It's a decent animated gif creator but I found image quality to be inconsistent at times... while minor camera movements won't trigger the "you've moved the camera too much" error, they will slightly blur things. The app takes 60 frames in a matter of seconds so a steady hand helps.

We're also working on a tripod mount roundup that might be helpful in steadying the camera for these type shots.

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all but I'm still a little lost. To me, the majority of cinemagraphs may as well just be video shots.

I've been thinking how to get the best out of the function. Is it two independently moving objects?
Would motion blur on one subject and the other subject still moving give the result I'm after?

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all but I'm still a little lost. To me, the majority of cinemagraphs may as well just be video shots.

I've been thinking how to get the best out of the function. Is it two independently moving objects?
Would motion blur on one subject and the other subject still moving give the result I'm after?

I don't know what result you're looking for, but the best advice I can give is pretend it's just a photo, but animate a small portion of it. That's a good way to start. Another thing to keep in mind is if it's an animation you want to loop or have it go forward then reverse repeatedly.

The link to the body building forums has good examples.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

You have hit the nail on the head. Do a search on the internet for cinemagraphs. There are some good sites out there with some great examples. In my opinion, One of the ways to capture a great cinemagraph, you need to capture a scene with motion that is stopped as well as an area with subtle motion. Here is a good site with examples: 40 Examples of stunning Cinemagraphs One of my favorites is the one of the swingset. I tried a simple one the other day of getting a snapshot of moving traffic as well as people walking on a sidewalk. There was a light breeze that was blowing some foliage that I had hoped to "stop" the traffic and people while animating the foliage. I didn't have a good handle on the program so it came out bad....keep trying though. fwiw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb