Switched from iPhone 5 to Nokia Lumia 920 but luck sucks

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It's possible the plate doesn't work. I'm almost afraid to try again because I've read nightmares on this forum alone about people charging with the wireless kit and their phone begin to give them problems.

just got my charging plate, didn't seems to have any problem at all.. what color is your charging plate n what color is your nokia lumia 920?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
With brand new phones you should charge it at least 24 hours from the wall power outlet. Also this random reboot shutdown thing, is it an At&T firmware problem? Folks in Europe don't seem to report as much. My 920 has been solid so far.

Welcome to 2012, this is no longer even suggested from the manufacturers. This was a case with NimH batteries, not Li-ion or LiPo batteries.

But, I havnt had any issues like this on my Lumia 920, if it makes a difference it's an unlocked 920 from Finland, Europe.

Nor did it take me several days of usage for the battery to start working normally. I've had very good battery life from the start that hasnt radically changed anywhere.

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
This is not true.

Yes it is true, but not in the way we're used to. The battery itself seems to be fine, but the representation of the battery from a software side seems to incorrect. When I first got my Lumia I could watch the battery drain. In fact, for the first 3 days I charged it 5 times. But then one day I let it die, and then I let it sit. An hour later I came back and tried powering it on. It turned on. I played games for nearly 4 more hours until it finally gave me a warning and then not even 2 seconds later powered off "Goodbye". I then charged it fully overnight and have never had a battery issue since.

So it seems there is something in the software which is overcautious with the battery.

IcyLumia

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Had to res this thread. The replacement I got has been good to me for three months, until now. The phone just turned itself off and I had to do a soft reset. Truly odd, battery was at 78% and picked up to send a txt...BOOM...phone won't respond. Very frustrating. :(

Is it recommended that you restart your phone from time to time?

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Those that are saying its a software issue are speaking out of their ass.

My replacement lumia with the same software doesnt have this problem.

Get it replaced, or go for the htc 8x

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is true, but not in the way we're used to. The battery itself seems to be fine, but the representation of the battery from a software side seems to incorrect. When I first got my Lumia I could watch the battery drain. In fact, for the first 3 days I charged it 5 times. But then one day I let it die, and then I let it sit. An hour later I came back and tried powering it on. It turned on. I played games for nearly 4 more hours until it finally gave me a warning and then not even 2 seconds later powered off "Goodbye". I then charged it fully overnight and have never had a battery issue since. So it seems there is something in the software which is overcautious with the battery.
That's interesting. And good luck to OP.

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
From my experience with new Lumia 920. You won't have good battery in first couple days. It will get better after that.

Same herem it gets alot better after 4-5 days and now I can get 8-11 hours under extreme use! Love this phone to death, so solid and love the camera and camcorder

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99