Lumia 920 battery life without LTE?

minimalistiq

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, I know LTE was a major battery drainer in its early days, and since then they've made chips to better handle LTE, my question is, if the LTE isnt activated will it still have roughly the same battery life? I'am coming from a GS2 and aparently it gets the same battery life (according to gsmarena). This is a major issue for me since I hate the battery life on my GS2. Is there even a way to toggle LTE off?
I'am looking to having it imported and my network doesnt have LTE yet.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
There is an option to set your highest connection speed so you can set it to a lower one. Mine offers me 2G, 3G ad LTE. Oddly, my phone often connects at 4G.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen the option that Max mentioned on mine (US 920) but we don't have LTE here and on the 4G(fauxG) that we have I generally have a full days use.. Off the charger around 7AM and it will make it till bed time around 11P

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Under "access point" I have the option of picking from 3 different data profiles - LTE 1, LTE 2, and 3g. I can only use 3g since I'm on AT&T Gophone (prepaid), and then under cellular I set my highest speed to 3g.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Under "access point" I have the option of picking from 3 different data profiles - LTE 1, LTE 2, and 3g. I can only use 3g since I'm on AT&T Gophone (prepaid), and then under cellular I set my highest speed to 3g.

is access point under settings? i dont see anything on my US 920 either.

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
on my Rogers 920 under Cellular I can pick between 2G, 3G and LTE. I did a test for a day to see if there was any difference in battery life and didn't notice anything significant. The biggest difference in battery life I have seen yet is after updating the Display+ app yesterday. Battery life has improved.

Used 3G for a day vs. LTE.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine connects with LTE and last charge netted me 5 days of usage. Not sure how LTE is considered a battery drain. Maybe I will bring it down to 3G and still if I can get a full week.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Mine connects with LTE and last charge netted me 5 days of usage. Not sure how LTE is considered a battery drain. Maybe I will bring it down to 3G and still if I can get a full week.

i call bs. 5 days of usage?? what kind of usage? even if you charge your phone to 100% and let it sit, it wont last 5 days.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen the option that Max mentioned on mine (US 920) but we don't have LTE here and on the 4G(fauxG) that we have I generally have a full days use.. Off the charger around 7AM and it will make it till bed time around 11P

In case any Rogers 920 users were wondering:
Settings -> System -> Cellular -> Highest Connection Speed

minimalistiq

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So I can safely assume there isn't much difference? thats bad, I'm probably not going to buy it anymore.

Small screen (compared to its size) with less juice than the gs3? No thanks, this is specially irritating since its fairly thick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05