So what's up with no band IV support by default?

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Why is it that the lumia devices aren't spec'd to support the tmo/wind/mobilicity bands, even if the chipset supports it? We've seen evidence of this with the dev and rogers 920. Unless they are specially sold by tmo or wind, they have band IV turned off. Why??? As a Wind customer I find this irritating. I have the 920 but the 620 looks perfect for my wife, and we don't want to spend 810 or 920 kind of money on her phone. Seriously why? What is the benefit? IIRC the 920 models share the same fcc id so that doesn't seem to be the motivation behind it. I just want more selection and don't like the service of the bigger providers.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
As a wind customer I find the lack of Band IV support to be annoying as well. In the past most Nokia devices would be pentaband by default but these days they hide the AWS frequencies. For now Wind is stuck with the 8S - a phone that I wouldn't put money down for.

I wouldn't be surprised if in Canada companies like Rogers and Bell used their influence to have Nokia hide/disable the bands on purpose. Remember how Nokia denied that the 920 didn't have AWS frequency but people later found out that the Rogers version does in fact have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium