Unlocked 920 - Data Connection Issue

DFB

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so to keep it short:

I've bought a grey-market Lumia 920 and the device is as almighty as I expected it to be, from the camera to the battery etc.

The thing is: when turned on, first comes a Vodafone splash screen. My SIM works ok (I'm on Orange Romania, the phone is obviously deutsch since everything was so german at the first boot), it takes a moment to get recognized but I'm able to make/receive calls, SMS works fine. I'm just not getting any data connection and I'm thinking that's some locking-unlocking business since my boo bought an HTC One S with a T-Mobile first splash (I know), to on orange and running into the same issue.

Question: Is there a fix for it? :) Will factory resetting the thing bring it back to life? It's a shame that I'm stuck with no data traffic only, I feel lonely with no wi-fi nearby.
In a somewhat-unrelated Android topic, does anyone have a fix for the One S? I'd love to come out as a hero and turn this blob into husband material.

Thank you!

DFB

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've edited the APN settings using the ones my carrier provided, only now IE doesn't say can't contact DNS server (I think) but has trouble sith the page I'm trying to reach (google). Any ideas? I've seen on a different forum that someone performed a reset and before logging in with the microsoft account, he downloaded the spanish keyboards (?) which triggered some updates that enabled his data connection. Does anyone know anything about this?

DFB

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Done! Talked to a kind sir over at Orange, problem solved!
Thank you for your views, I'd close the thread if I could, I can't. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb