Lumia 920 from Clove.co.uk - 4g?

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I got a phone from Clove, and under settings it gave me the choice of either 2g or 3g, but no 4g.

I figured this was due to the fact that my SIMcard was only a 3g SIMcard, yet my provider tells me that the handset should give me 4g option even with a 3g SIMcard if its a 4g-enabled handset.

My 920 is returned atm due to battery issues, and I was wondering what other customers of Clove have to report about this :) ?

I live in Norway, and got my phone from the first shipment that came in of the white version.

Appreciate any help clearing this up :)

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
When bought my 820 the small print stated that 4G would be enabled by way of a software update from Nokia/the network when 4G was available or if you wish to insert a 4G sim and use it on a network that currently has a 4g service.

Presumably it will be the same for the 920.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, that makes no sense. Being 4G-ready and being 4G-enabled are two VERY different things. If I have to reflash my phone in order to make it work, thats fairly sad.

From Cloves website (http://www.clove.co.uk/nokia-lumia-920) :

"And of course one of the most demanded features of this device is the 4G/LTE connectivity that you can get (subject to your network) for super fast download speeds and the best mobile data experience. Be it web pages or media files you will be able to access and work from the cloud like never before."

Nothing about SW updates here?

Does anyone have a 920 from Clove that has the option in Settings of switching to 4G?

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
i have a 920 from clove. 4G works fine even though the "4G" option isnt listed. I mostly just get 4G in the CBD in Sydney, Australia.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Sure its not just 3g? Cause all sources from phone companies so far say that if you dont have the option of selecting 4g as your fastest connection speed alongside 2g and 3g, your phone is 4g-ready, but not 4g-enabled.

Ricardo Bindi

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, It does not appear a 4g option. Even though I have altered my plan to 4g and I have tested in another lumia 920 and it appears the option 4g

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue on my sim-free UK 920 (not from Clove). It's a firmware issue. The only solutions are to wait for a rumoured software update to enable it or to flash a different firmware that supports it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte