Dragging music on the phone

cbrunn2

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When I drag and drop my music folders ... they all say unnamed artist or something like that ... Even though the folders and songs are named ... they just come up unknown artist and track 1, 2 , 3...etc

how do I get the actual names of the folders and songs come up??

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
On your phone, go Settings > Swipe to 'applications' > music+video > turn on connect with xbox music.

Thats not how did it so I am not 100% sure if it names your music, I simply copied(manually) my songs from the music folder(used by Zune).

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
When I drag and drop my music folders ... they all say unnamed artist or something like that ... Even though the folders and songs are named ... they just come up unknown artist and track 1, 2 , 3...etc

how do I get the actual names of the folders and songs come up??

You have to make sure all the ID3 tags are correct on each individual track of your music collection for WP8 to pick them up and display them on the phone for you. Its a bit of a pain, I had to rewrite practically all my collection, but it is worth it in the end!!

I used Mp3tag to edit all of mine, this can find album artwork for you from Amazon too! - Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs