Lumia 920 Headphone jack not working properly?

checkmate81x

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I plugged my lumia 920 into my headphones and speakers and found the sound was only coming from one side. Tested both with my ipod mini and found sound coming from both sides working fine. Anyone else having problems with their headphone jack playing only on one side?

PS also had the same problem with battery overheating after using wireless charger and battery drain accelerated... went to bed (phone was at 100%) woke up and phone wouldn't turn on...had to do a soft reset to get it back on.. have just been using battery saver and that seems to work alright.

Don't know if I just have a bad apple or if anyone else is experiencing the same thing...

Thanks!

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Alot of people have been experiencing the overheating/drain issue. Supposedly it's just a soon to be coming software update. Make sure you close all your apps occasionally (spam the back button).

As for the headphones thing. Try other headphones/speakers/jacks to verify it is the phone. It may just not like the headphones you are using.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The headphone problem can be fixed by restarting the phone. It happened to my wife's red 920 and a reboot took care of it.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Be sure to plug all the way in. If not the headphones problem may be the headphones itself, i was using skullcandy headphones and was experiencing some issues like Tell-me launching itself. Sound coming from one ear etc. I just decided to finish the problem and bought headphones specifically for the phone and that i know i won't have any issues. My problems are solved, nice headphones for half of the original price and they match my phone since they are Nokia
Nokia-Monster Purity Headphones Black accessories from AT&T

Last edited:

Mukund Vijay

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, MaulerX. Connected my new Bose AE2 headphones with the 920 and was shocked that only one side worked. Phone restart worked...hope the problem doesn't come back.

K Rad

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh my.. I definitely freaked out when only one earphone worked and the problem persisted with other headphones; I'd be screwed if I wanted a replacement - since I got the device from outside. Reboot worked for me.

brunetpi

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You guys are life savers, Just got my 920 on Friday 3/8/2013 and my skull candies stopped working. Re-boot fixed it.

Spoke too soon, right back to the phone doing all kinds of funny things.... The flash blinks while the headset is, doesn't seem to matter what headset either, voice activation engages, and static galore.

Last edited:

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes my phone doesn't detect my headphones and plays the sound through the speakers instead. Have to reboot to fix it. I hope the latest update has fixed this.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This phone is such a piece of .... at first my headphone problem could be resolved by restarting/plugging in and out, but now it's become completely dysfunctional.........

Gitit

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Found out an issue with my skull candy earphones: The phone audio either gets really low or it starts launching Tell-Me randomly.

What i realized was that the phone was unlocked i have the issue reoccur. However if my PIN lock is activated, the ear phones work great..

I hate the bugs but i tried going back to an iPhone and it was painful

zshi1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much! I was freaking out. thought my lumia acting up.. tried with speakers still the same..reboot works! thanks again!

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Been like that for months and its been bothering me. Tried the reboot trick, jack is clean. I have to rely on a device for audio playback so you can guess I've been lugging around more than just my phone because of it. Can't use it in the car....home.....anywhere unless its a Bluetooth speaker. Its horrible because I miss using it to watch Netflix on my down time. Was it one of the updates that occurs over time earlier in the year?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb