Is the 920 supposed to feel solid?

Jeddan

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
My 920 cracks and creaks if i press it somewhere on the left side of the chassie or the left side of the glass. This is my second 920 and they both had the same problem.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It should feel solid. There is very little if any flex around the screen, etc. If the first device you had and its replacement had it, I would give it another go to find a unit that doesn't have this. Keep in mind that AT&T might be a tad stingy on the return/exchange thing if you've already done this before.

Shap2012

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My first one had a bad creaky noise on the left side and something big rattle inside. New one does not have either of these issues YET. Hoping it stays that way.

Jeddan

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
My first one had a bad creaky noise on the left side and something big rattle inside. New one does not have either of these issues YET. Hoping it stays that way.

My new didnt have the creak noise from the start either, showed up about 24h later... kinda comes and goes sometimes.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's supposed to feel solid I think. Mine certainly does. No creaking or anything like that. Though I haven't gone over it and pressed every square millimeter with 150 psi of pressure like some of you have LOL.

Jeddan

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's supposed to feel solid I think. Mine certainly does. No creaking or anything like that. Though I haven't gone over it and pressed every square millimeter with 150 psi of pressure like some of you have LOL.

Basically just need to pick mine up to make it creak :(

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The best part of this thread is the guy who "liked" the original post. Why would you like someone having issues with their phone?

It's like on Facebook: someone posts bad news, and 5 people "like" it...

edit: My 920 is solid as a rock. If mine creaked as bad as you are saying, I'd return it. Of course, you said all you have to do is pick it up to make it creak, and quite honestly, that sounds really hard to believe. It's not that I don't believe you, but you've had two 920's, and both of them have creaked when you picked them up?

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I got some creaking too but who cares? Just a waste of everyones time to go get replacements for non issues like that. I notice mine is worse when it gets hot, I guess the plastic expands a little and thus are not as flush.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb