Is the 920 supposed to feel solid?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Some of it is absolute comedy. There is a guy on here who returned his 900 ten times, or some crazy number like that, because he didn't like how loud the vibrate was.

Jeddan

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Some of it is absolute comedy. There is a guy on here who returned his 900 ten times, or some crazy number like that, because he didn't like how loud the vibrate was.

I don't think this is comedy, you can feel how the case flexes. Actually, the old 920 was better in that aspect, but the display had a scratch.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Quit obsessing over every tiny details. If the plastic didn't give a little, it would be more subject to cracks. Sure if I press all over the phone I will find give spots, especially on the back. But it does not creak in regular usage, and feels very solid.

People like this give consumers a bad name and make it HARDER for people with REAL problems to get exchanges because Nokia is already loosing money on fake exchanges.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Quit obsessing over every tiny details. If the plastic didn't give a little, it would be more subject to cracks. Sure if I press all over the phone I will find give spots, especially on the back. But it does not creak in regular usage, and feels very solid.

People like this give consumers a bad name and make it HARDER for people with REAL problems to get exchanges because Nokia is already loosing money on fake exchanges.

I totally agree. Also I don't understand how people can be expecting 100% perfect products for the price they are paying. If they want perfect units where every single one have been checked for any sort of small fault they would have to pay three times as much for their phones.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The best part of this thread is the guy who "liked" the original post. Why would you like someone having issues with their phone?

It's like on Facebook: someone posts bad news, and 5 people "like" it...

edit: My 920 is solid as a rock. If mine creaked as bad as you are saying, I'd return it. Of course, you said all you have to do is pick it up to make it creak, and quite honestly, that sounds really hard to believe. It's not that I don't believe you, but you've had two 920's, and both of them have creaked when you picked them up?

For the record, the like button on Facebook is hit so people can receive updates for stories i.e new post added. Its something Facebook needs to change by adding an additional button like Follow or an unlike button

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
and yet I cant find a single 920 for a decent price
Nokia Lumia 920 Black at T 32 GB Smartphone Mint with Bonus 6438158497528 | eBay

Nokia Lumia 920 32GB Black at T Windows 8 Smartphone 6438158497528 | eBay

Brand New Nokia Lumia 920 Black 6438158497528 | eBay

Nokia Lumia 920 at T Black 32GB in Box 6438158497528 | eBay

Nokia Lumia 920 32GB Black at T Smartphone WP8 Windows Phone 8 6438158497528 | eBay

There are white too you just have to check on ebay

I think that this prices are not bad for being off contract, you just have to put Net10, Straight Talk or H2O wireless sim if you don't want to deal with AT&T contract prices

anon(5395037)

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've the same cracking in the same place on my white lumia. And i think that even louder sometimes. Its started not so long time ago and i've this phone a month (but overheating and battery drain stopped without hard reset or anything, just stopped withour any reason in time).

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine has a bit of a creaking sound at the bottom too.. Should I go for an exchange? Would that be enough reasons for them to give me a new one?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My first one had a bad creaky noise on the left side and something big rattle inside. New one does not have either of these issues YET. Hoping it stays that way.
May I ask you or everyone that has ones without the rattle what the batch number is for your L920?
Mine is a 47/2012 considered quite new already but still does the rattling and some minor creaks at the left side too

Xiyue Liu

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here.

Every time I hold the phone I can feel the plastic not solid also some crack noise. I just been using the phone I paid over AUD $750 for 1 day!
If this is not a REAL problem then what is a REAL problem?

Lumia 920 is the flagship phone from NOKIA to compete with iphone 5, but not with this quality!
I sure will get replacements until I'm satisfied.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here.

Every time I hold the phone I can feel the plastic not solid also some crack noise. I just been using the phone I paid over AUD $750 for 1 day!
If this is not a REAL problem then what is a REAL problem?

Lumia 920 is the flagship phone from NOKIA to compete with iphone 5, but not with this quality!
I sure will get replacements until I'm satisfied.

I love how you expect high quality for little money. People are expecting way too much for these relatively cheap phones. If people want high quality phones with great quality control for small artifacts they would have to pay way more than the low amounts we do today.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I love how you expect high quality for little money. People are expecting way too much for these relatively cheap phones. If people want high quality phones with great quality control for small artifacts they would have to pay way more than the low amounts we do today.

I disagree

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You don't agree that quality and quality control costs money which in the end the consumer will pay for?

I agree on that, I disagree that we shouldn't expect the 920 to be a solid device. The phone is heavily subsidized which is why is inexpensive. I also believe Nokia is charging less on the overall price to move more units.

Cam Loeb

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
mine feels solid, but it vibrates so violently that I can't imagine it going 3 years without damaging itself from the vibration intensity

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine creaks once in a while near my index finger and volume button. I always hold with the left hand. Just holding lightly, not putting any pressure. I can live with it. Its very rare. If it always did it I'd go nuts...well more nuts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786