Best over ear headphones(no beats!)

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Whats your budget like? If you want the best over the ear headphones period they can get up there in price...

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Sol Republic. Great sound and less then the Dre's. Side note the engineer who designed these is the son of the founder of Monster Speakers. You may have noticed Michael Phelps sporting a pair during the Olympics.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Itd be hard to say which are the "best" as there are so many quality headphones but ive been using some classic Bose TP1-A's and they sound fantastic.

Khyzersoze

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Head over to Head-Fi.org.

I currently use the BrainWavz HM3 (on ear, but almost big enough to be over ear) at work, but at home I have Brainwavz HM5, Fostex T50RP (modded), and Sennheiser HD598.

The problem with the Fostex & Sennheiser is that they are 6mm jacks (I plug these into my tube amp).

Headphones I've heard good reviews on with 3.5mm jacks are: Philips Citiscape Uptown, Philips Citiscape Downtown (on ear).

Audio Technica ATH-M50(S) are good too, but I don't know if has a 3.5mm jack or if you need an adapter.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Head over to Head-Fi.org.

I currently use the BrainWavz HM3 (on ear, but almost big enough to be over ear) at work, but at home I have Brainwavz HM5, Fostex T50RP (modded), and Sennheiser HD598.

The problem with the Fostex & Sennheiser is that they are 6mm jacks (I plug these into my tube amp).

Headphones I've heard good reviews on with 3.5mm jacks are: Philips Citiscape Uptown, Philips Citiscape Downtown (on ear).

Audio Technica ATH-M50(S) are good too, but I don't know if has a 3.5mm jack or if you need an adapter.

The M50s do have a 3.5mm jack. There are two versions, though, one with a coiled cable and another with a straight cable. The straight cable is really long.

I would suggest checking out this guy's Youtube channel. He is an audiophile and knows his stuff. Lots of good reviews.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
There are a lot of Great headphones in ear and over the ear out there in the market, but since we are in the Windows forums all i can say is if you want something that sound good, and that is COMPATIBLE with your Nokia phone the only ones that i know so far that are COMPATIBLE are the NOKIA-MONSTER PURITY. In ear or Over the ear doesn't matter. Before buying my Purity headphones i tried a few brands(Skullcandy, Apples etc) with my Lumia 920 and not all the functions works. I was having problems having to disconnect the headphone jack every time someone calls ,then after hanging the call the song starts playing without even connecting the headphone back. It was really annoying for me and for the people surrounding me. With the Purity headphones, mic work, forward,stop,skip and talk works out of the box.

I imagine that if your phone is HTC 8x then you should go BEATS since that is what they support.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss