Facebook notifications working for anyone here?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I enabled both toast notifications and the tile - neither one works. I don't get notified by the Facebook app ever.

Is that working for anyone or is it pointless to even continue trying?

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I enabled both toast notifications and the tile - neither one works. I don't get notified by the Facebook app ever.

Is that working for anyone or is it pointless to even continue trying?

I've completely given up on FB notifications on my Lumia 920 - I turned them all off. I just go in and manually refresh all the various parts of it once in awhile when I'm out. Sucks, I know, but I've yet to find a truly reliable mobile Facebook app on any platform.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I get them sometimes, but rarely. It's basically been useless for me, I'm constantly missing messages which has been annoying. I've left my Android phone lying around the house so that when I get notifications I can hear it and then look at them from my L920.

I thought the Me tile is supposed to show notifications too? I haven't got a single one. It's basically the only thing I don't like about WP8 so far. Also, the app doesn't work sometimes and closes as soon as I open it. Works after I uninstall then reinstall the app.

Sucks, I know, but I've yet to find a truly reliable mobile Facebook app on any platform.

I found the facebook messenger app to be totally reliable for messages on Android. My phone would notify me of messages before the facebook website on my laptop would even show them. Miss that. The actual facebook app wasn't as good, but still much better than this.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It works fine for me. I actually have toast notifications off and I haven't pinned the live tile. I only added it to the notification list on the lockscreen. I also get notifications through the Me tile, but the Facebook app usually notifies me first.

jerrynomenon

May 14, 2012
Visit site
BARELY, i think it can be partially M$' problem, but as WPcentral app notifies me well (though It is still later than on the web), the app seems to have glitch.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook app notifies through toast notifications if someone comments on something I comment on. However for likes and other junk it does not.

The "Me" Tile notifies me (through live tile) if someone likes, comments, or tagged in something I participated in. Both still have a long way to go.

RyanR47

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app notifies through toast notifications if someone comments on something I comment on. However for likes and other junk it does not.

The "Me" Tile notifies me (through live tile) if someone likes, comments, or tagged in something I participated in. Both still have a long way to go.

Exactly what he said!!!

Stefanix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have my L920 and the N9 on my desk. N9 notified me, nothing on L920. As soon as I unlocked the screen (swipe up), the notifications came in. Actually the L920 drops the WiFi connection when locked. I think this was discussed somewhere else. Maybe it's possible to change. Very disappointing.

Glavata

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Only work for me when I restart the phone. Once I get a proper notification (working as intended way), that's it. No more... I have given up and hopefully an update will fix them.

And while on facebook, when you go to an event, under "Info" it's always blank.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So here is the reason:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/207703-no-wi-fi-when-lock-screen.html
Might work if using 3G, have not tried. But who wants this if WiFi is available? Another stupid WP fault! It's a pity that Nokia's device reputation suffers under this!
Hey dude, chill out. It's a phone, not a Palm Pilot. As such, it's expected that you will have a Data connection active all the time. And don't worry, you will be getting WiFi on all the time with the next update. If you did a little research you would know how WiFi has worked on WP since October 2010. Just sayin.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Stefanix

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
If you did a little research you would know how WiFi has worked on WP since October 2010.
It's a stupid fault, period. It really does not matter if this has been always like this or got just introduced with WP8. That it works this way already for a long time makes it even worse and lets MS appear as ignorant. A "Smartphone" needs to be able to be "always on", at least in WiFi coverage. Why is it such a big issue?

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Is your FB chat status (on the phone) set to offline? I figured out that's why I didn't get the option to use FB Chat vs SMS a few days ago, and I've been getting FB toast notifications (as well as Me tile updates that have always worked) since that time.

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
works perfectly here. i actually turned off FB toast notifications because they were popping up so often. I just use the ME app to check now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb