Anyone having wifi issues with Lumia 920?

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For some reason it will not always connect to my home network and would only work after I have restarted the phone / and or re-enabled wifi.

cdal

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Every so often when I lock the screen and unlock it later it will not reconnect. And there is no way for me to reconnect to the network as it does not appear in my wifi list. When I do a reboot, it automatically connects.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Try deleting the SSID from your wifi settings, reboot your phone, let it find it and reconnect and see if that helps you out?

orngbld

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Holy cow, the exact same thing is happening to me! I thought my L920 was defective or something! If the WiFi on mine cuts off and I turn the screen back on to reconnect to WiFi, it crashes my home network! Nothing is able to connect.

cdal

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Not the same issue I am having. Currently I simply cannot reconnect to the hidden network. I will wait for the new update before defining it as a new issue.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
windows phone 8 doesn't play well with hidden SSIDS. Something that was never intended to be supported, and doesn't add any layer of security anyway.

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Ive had this problem today also. Had to delete connection, reboot and search and connect again. Been fine since then..

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine connects to non-broadcasted network everyday. So its supported.

May not be the most secure way of controlling who connects to your wireless. But it is highly effective for keeping 99% of the casual users off it.

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Holy cow, the exact same thing is happening to me! I thought my L920 was defective or something! If the WiFi on mine cuts off and I turn the screen back on to reconnect to WiFi, it crashes my home network! Nothing is able to connect.

!!!! This is exactly what is happening.

Try deleting the SSID from your wifi settings, reboot your phone, let it find it and reconnect and see if that helps you out?

Will try, looks like a huge WP glitch though.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Will try, looks like a huge WP glitch though.

a glitch implies that it's happening to everyone. since i dont have this problem at home or at work and i dont see many others saying they have the same issue, it looks isolated. then again, i dont connect to hidden networks. all the networks i use are public with WEP security.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine connects to non-broadcasted network everyday. So its supported.

May not be the most secure way of controlling who connects to your wireless. But it is highly effective for keeping 99% of the casual users off it.

Because it works sometimes, does not make it "supported". The whole point of an SSID was to SEE it, and then add your own security to it (wpa2-psk or something).

I am just telling you the facts.

Let me ask you a question then... if your SSID is encrypted and password protected, why would it matter if anyone else "sees" it? What exactly are they getting on, if they can't get past your password? Seems to me that it will just simply prevent a casual person from seeing it, in the same way that it keeps my car from being seen by people if I put in the garage vs leave it out in the driveway.

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
a glitch implies that it's happening to everyone. since i dont have this problem at home or at work and i dont see many others saying they have the same issue, it looks isolated. then again, i dont connect to hidden networks. all the networks i use are public with WEP security.

Mine is not hidden

nashalz

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My 920 WiFi will not connect to my home network, i reboot - no result, i delete SSID, reboot and try to connect - no result, restarted thrice and tried - no result.
What should i do now?

Sergei Trofimov

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have similar issue. Not sure is it due recent Nokia update or not but yesterday I updated my phone on work and when I come to home - phone won't able to connect to home WIFI(I don't have any issues with WIFI before). But my situation is even worse - phone don't see my home WIFI at all:( It shows the list of my neighbor WIFI even with almost no signal strength. But it doesn't show my network. I rebooted phone and router number of times. I delete SSID on phone. I even changes some network parameters on router - no luck.
My laptop and wife's iphone see and connect to WIFI without any problems. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

fezzer79

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a very similar problem here. Once i turn my phone on, the wifi works , but when i leave the wifi area and try a different network it wont connect. THen i walk back to the initial netwrok and it doesnt connect again. A quick re-start solves the problem, but this is a basic error. Not happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte