Anyone having wifi issues with Lumia 920?

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. I also had the issue with my Lumia 900. It happens less on the 920, but still happens. It seems like it can't get authenticated. Sometimes just clicking on the SSID again gets it to connect and sometimes wifi needs to be turned off and back on again.

fezzer79

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
A quick update from me. I can fix the issue by turning off Bluetooth. Everything works like a charm now. I guess i'll have to wait a while for hands free use in my car though :(

JasonG83

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am having this issue as well. My wife's Lumia 920 cannot connect to our home wifi network. However, my Surface, my Focus S, and our two laptops have no problem connecting. When I try deleting the network, and re-adding it, it says there is no response from the network, and to try again later. This is really frustrating. I have to say that I have not been thrilled with WP8, because this is not the first bug I have run into =(

Update: I reset my router, and the phone was then able to connect, but the 920 is the only device that had a problem, so I don't know why the reset was necessary. It is unacceptable to have to reset the router just for the 920, and I may consider replacing the phone if this behavior continues after the Portico update.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Did it ever connect before and then suddenly lose it's connection?

I've had to reset my router for a Visio smart tv, nook eReader, ps3 and previous android phones, forgetting to pay the cable bill. Not too big of a deal. Beats factory resetting the individual devices.

If it happens again, have it replaced through warranty.

de_most

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
When I go to my car, I turn on Bluetooth for handsfree. If I go back in to my place and Bluetooth is still on, I could not connect to wifi. It sometimes crashes whole network of laptops, tablet, and cells. But my VoIP phone which is connected to the same router still works - meaning the entire router is not affected..

My solution is to turn off the Bluetooth and then the wifi works. So there could be issues with wifi and Bluetooth interference.

gv73

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue with t-mobile lumia 810s. 2 of them. Very annoying. Will review our router settings (again...). Funny that the router works with littereally any other device that shows up. Here are my "issues" with this:
- yes. It crashes the whole wlan and rebooting the router typically takes care of it.
- I started a new billing cycle yesterday haven't left the house and find myself 25mb down in my dataplan. In other words: sometimes you think you're on the wlan (streaming music) but you actually use your data plan. This can drain a limited data plan very quickly. Visibility on the phone of what network I use (wifi or t-mobile) is totally obscure.

uddatankar

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same problems. Also with Nokia N73 and C7. My solutions:
1. Broadcast SSID
2. Turn off exclusive 802.11n mode, use 802.11b/g/n.
3. Don't use fixed channels above 11 on 2.4GHz freq (Europe)
4. If this doesn't work take it back to the store to no avail.

irizanz

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. I just encountered a problem since yesterday that matches exactly like yours!?

Suddenly my lumia 920 can't see my home wifi. Rebooted phone & router for so many times but the problem still occurs. My iPhone & laptop can connect just fine.

So did you manage to solve the problem?

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I just encountered a problem since yesterday that matches exactly like yours!?

Suddenly my lumia 920 can't see my home wifi. Rebooted phone & router for so many times but the problem still occurs. My iPhone & laptop can connect just fine.

So did you manage to solve the problem?

Mine started doing this yesterday. It's been fine since I got it on launch day.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Try any other WiFi networks. If the phone doesn't see any, it the BB chip in it that has gone faulty, meaning u have to have ur phone replaced.

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Fixed issue by enabling always on Wifi, it now reconnects normally, but if I uncheck always on wifi, it will have problems reconnecting.

This is absolutely annoying bug especially since I use win8 controller app. In order for me to "remotely access pc", I have to get up and restart wifi first, which eliminates the point and same thing repeats 5 mins alter when screen times out again.

Hiz Hoz

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue as yours, can't see my home network at all but other neigbours wifi even with no signal.

I have another 4G broadband router, no problem connecting to that one.

*sgh*

Hiz Hoz

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have similar issue. Not sure is it due recent Nokia update or not but yesterday I updated my phone on work and when I come to home - phone won't able to connect to home WIFI(I don't have any issues with WIFI before). But my situation is even worse - phone don't see my home WIFI at all:( It shows the list of my neighbor WIFI even with almost no signal strength. But it doesn't show my network. I rebooted phone and router number of times. I delete SSID on phone. I even changes some network parameters on router - no luck.
My laptop and wife's iphone see and connect to WIFI without any problems. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

I was having the exact same issue as yours, can't detect my home network but all others even with no signal. Anyhow I manage to solve it today.
If your wifi router can support multiple wireless SSID/ Name, assign a new name for it and let the current & new name up together. Now my lumia 920 can detect my home network and connected to it, so far it is working.

hymc292

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem with my Lumia 920. Suddenly can no longer detect home wifi. Rebooting phone & router didn't work either. Just updated to Portico & was hoping for a fix. Unfortunately, still no fix for this mysterious wifi detection problem.

hymc292

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I was having the exact same issue as yours, can't detect my home network but all others even with no signal. Anyhow I manage to solve it today.
If your wifi router can support multiple wireless SSID/ Name, assign a new name for it and let the current & new name up together. Now my lumia 920 can detect my home network and connected to it, so far it is working.

I'm baffle as to why is this happening when my wifi setup was working fine since day one of getting the phone? There were no FW updates on the phone that could have caused this. I have not messed with the router either, therefore all settings were left untouched. The only updates on the phone were from Apps. I'm unsure if some app updates could have caused changes to the phone wifi?

Problem solved - it turns out the router channel setting was at AUTO. Therefore when it switches to other channel due interference from neighbour's wifi, the Lumia was unable to detect it. Disabling the "auto" & fixing the channel in the router restored the home wifi detection on the phone.

Last edited:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm baffle as to why is this happening when my wifi setup was working fine since day one of getting the phone? There were no FW updates on the phone that could have caused this. I have not messed with the router either, therefore all settings were left untouched. The only updates on the phone were from Apps. I'm unsure if some app updates could have caused changes to the phone wifi?

Problem solved - it turns out the router channel setting was at AUTO. Therefore when it switches to other channel due interference from neighbour's wifi, the Lumia was unable to detect it. Disabling the "auto" & fixing the channel in the router restored the home wifi detection on the phone.

Nice detective work!!!

A lot of people are quick to blame the 920. More often than not it is 'other' hardware where the glitch occurs.
I love my 920. It has performed perfectly since I got it. Doing everything I have asked it to do without a hitch. Great phone, Nokia!!!!

mFungim

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
AT&T customer support told me to turn on AIRPLANE MODE and then count to 30 seconds then turn AIRPLANE MODE off. After that reconnect to the desired WIFI network all would be right within the world...And it was!!! I haven't had a problem since! Hope it helps.:wink:

S Vikash Ranjan

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have similar issues with Lumia 520, My windows phone has started giving problem in WiFi system in my home network after working fine for one month, however other android phones, laptop are working in my home network. The WiFi system same phone works in all the other network. I have changed my router password and name, but every thing remains as it is.

Anyone can give me the solution please

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo