Verizon 8x battery question

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon red 8x drained 6% in 20 mins taking one screen shot, searched one person in Skype app and rest using wpcentral app. Is this normal? seems like my Dell Venue Pro does better in this regard minus screen shot feature

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The first week wasn't very kind to me, I got the feeling in my stomach that something wasn't right... The battery would drain VERY quickly. But now two weeks later, I'm finding myself through a whole work day with moderate use with 60% remaining. It's got to calibrate.

Nagchampa~Noir

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The first week wasn't very kind to me, I got the feeling in my stomach that something wasn't right... The battery would drain VERY quickly. But now two weeks later, I'm finding myself through a whole work day with moderate use with 60% remaining. It's got to calibrate.

+1

5 Days in and today was the first day that I ended my day with better than 60%. Average use kinda day.

*Practiced the full charge > unplug > reboot > charge to full again suggestion over the last couple days.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
+1

*Practiced the full charge > unplug > reboot > charge to full again suggestion over the last couple days.

Actually I've done this every day since reading about it. Alarm goes off in the morning, I turn off my phone, turn it back on - grab it before I leave. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, or if it's coincidental.

I'm still not hitting my 2-year-old iPhone 4's battery life... But I'm giving it time. And this is at least acceptable.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
We really need to get off this myth of "calibration" for Li-ion batteries. All calibration does now is just give you a more accurate reading, its not a way to squeeze more juice out of your battery. Battery memory doesn't apply to Li-ion batteries, only nickle based. You only want to do calibration every few months or when you notice your readings kinda go bonkers (li-ion shouldn't be completely discharged often.) This will do nothing more than give you an accurate reading, you're not going to suddenly get 6 more hours out of it.

OP: Many things can cause battery drain, a bright screen probably being the biggest. LTE also drains quicker than 3G, things have got much better though in that department.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
We really need to get off this myth of "calibration" for Li-ion batteries. All calibration does now is just give you a more accurate reading, its not a way to squeeze more juice out of your battery. Battery memory doesn't apply to Li-ion batteries, only nickle based. You only want to do calibration every few months or when you notice your readings kinda go bonkers (li-ion shouldn't be completely discharged often.) This will do nothing more than give you an accurate reading, you're not going to suddenly get 6 more hours out of it.

OP: Many things can cause battery drain, a bright screen probably being the biggest. LTE also drains quicker than 3G, things have got much better though in that department.

myth or not, my battery was terrible before, and doesn't suck now :)

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had my 8X since November 16[SUP]th[/SUP]. The only thing I recall doing immediately was turning off NFC. With my screen at medium brightness, I can easily make it through a full day and more with moderate use. Now if I am watching a ton of video or playing games like Civilization Revolution for hours, my battery drains very fast. I feel the battery life of my 8X is easily on par with iPhone 5 and very close to the 4S I use for work.

That said, some have experienced 8X battery problems. If you feel you have a defective unit you should exchange for one that works properly.

Koato8

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My first day the battery drained 26% while I slept, it got better the next couple of days. It may be that the in the box charge was "off" in some way?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Volts and Amps... There it becomes technical... But more amps is the key. Portico improves the battery by a good margin! My phone is doing great with the update!

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My first day the battery drained 26% while I slept, it got better the next couple of days. It may be that the in the box charge was "off" in some way?

I think this may actually have something to do with it. I've had mine for 6 days though. Right now my battery level says I'm at 61% but the actual meter at the top
of my start screen looks around 81%.

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I?ve had my 8X since November 16[SUP]th[/SUP]. The only thing I recall doing immediately was turning off NFC. With my screen at medium brightness, I can easily make it through a full day and more with moderate use. Now if I am watching a ton of video or playing games like Civilization Revolution for hours, my battery drains very fast. I feel the battery life of my 8X is easily on par with iPhone 5 and very close to the 4S I use for work.

That said, some have experienced 8X battery problems. If you feel you have a defective unit you should exchange for one that works properly.

Yea maybe I should exchange it because I just can't make it through a day with moderate use with low bright setting, no Skype app installed, turned off NFC the day I got the device... The only thing I didn't turn on is location setting, which I think it doesn't really drain the battery much. I got a feeling that Verizons lte is one the main cause for bad battery.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The calibration is for the software to be able to predict how long the battery will last and show the right percentage, it's not actually the battery changing or calibrating.

Ive had zero issues, lasts all day for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss