Faulty battery reporting

jammerltu

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just got my Lumia 920, took it to work for the first day today, and was quite sad to realize that the battery was empty on my way home (12hrs since charge).
At around 7% I turned on batter saver on, put my headphones on, and started walking home with music playing hoping that the last 7% will be enough for a 10min walk.

Halfway the phone switched off, but I didn't want to give up, after resisting for a few times (showing empty battery) the phone finally switched back on, and was showing an empty battery. I thought it will last for a few more minutes for playing music. I finished the walk, and wanting to drain the battery completely, switched off battery saver, switched on blue tooth, nfc, wifi, location services, started playing music, and opened maps. I has been singing and dancing for 2 hours now with 0% battery and all the possible things switched on... No clue what I should do, maybe I'm damaging the phone? Should I put it up for a charge? Or should I drain it?

Maybe more people are having the same issue?

Thanks

A_Hel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Had this several times but not all the time. And this is the matter. If it was constant, I wouldn't be freaking out, I would know that even if it's near 0 I would still have at least 30-45 min of constant use, but it's unpredictable.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this is a pretty common occurrence. I've read a few more threads where people used their theoretically "dead" phone for a few hours. I also did this the other day, it's strange to use the phone while the battery percent reads 0.

My thought is that when the phone is brand new the software can't read the battery level correctly so it thinks the battery is drained even though it has some juice left. I don't think it'll hurt anything to drain it completely, in fact some people suggest doing a full drain and recharge every once in a while to actually help battery life. I was having weird issues with my phone so I did a factory reset and it seems to have helped the battery level indicator. Please be careful if you are considering this because the reset is known to brick people's phone. I would suggest reading through the forums for battery tips if you are still having issues. Good luck!

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
It has been discussed a lot, you need to recharge it the first time as long as you can just like any other device. Then see how long it lasts. The battery is a little touch and go at first, but just bear with it for a few days and it will get better. If it continues happening for more than a few days, take it back and get a new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786