Update for 8X

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

International unlocked 8X here. Updated a couple of days ago to the latest version and firmware. All has been going fine until my journey home on the London Underground today when I got a familiar vibrate followed by a reboot.

Only 1 so far, but the update may not have fixed it..

Ben.

StantheManLee

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've got an unbranded/unlocked version too. Also no update yet. I'm in North America. Hoping this update will fix some bugs 1. Looses carrier data connection when it goes to sleep and required a reboot to get it back. Anyone else experiencing this?

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow, these reports of battery improvement weren't kidding.
Since updating the 8X my battery life is averaging 1% per hour drain on idle, and that's with wifi set to always on under lock and with 5 background tasks running (inc weather updates).

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my update on O2 Friday morning and i had a whole host of issues before the update. Reinstalled all my apps, got everything on and have had no issues. Charged the phone overnight Friday, heavy use all weekend and ive only just stuck it on charge when i got into work at 8am this morning had the battery critical alert come up at 6am when my alarm went off. Very impressed. And no issues.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

International unlocked 8X here. Updated a couple of days ago to the latest version and firmware. All has been going fine until my journey home on the London Underground today when I got a familiar vibrate followed by a reboot.

Only 1 so far, but the update may not have fixed it..

Ben.

Question: When you switch your phone off. Then remove the SIM tray... does your phone start on its own?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Received the portico update but firmware still on 10022. UK purchased unlocked black model.

The 10022 firmware seems to be one of the oldest ones around. Here you first install Portico, then once you have it a few days later you can check for updates again and you should get an update to a recent firmware. While starting with firmware 10024, when you install Portico you get the Firmware update at the same time.

Enamul Haque

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I think it is hardware cause so many 8X 920 don't have the problem. I think those have defective SOCs.

It's always likely some of the hardwares would be faulty but I doubt that is the problem with bulk of the users. Specially when the reboot problem seems to go away if you don't use facebook sync. Also, Microsoft acknowledged the problem and promised to fix it in software updates.

Dragna

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem, I bought a 8x yesterday and tried to update it OTA, but at the end of the download, I got a message "We downloaded the update, but couldn't launch it(80188253)". It's not the exact sentence because my phone is in french. I can't find what that error code means anywhere and I don't find a way to restart the update.
Has anyone of youhad the same problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss