att 920 owners with att insurance. anybody go through the process yet?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
update**

so my friend got the cs manager involved and it turns out, the cs rep he was speaking to was fairly new. they will be sending him a 920 but a refurbished one. he's trying to get a new one at this point seeing that his phone is less-than 1 month old AND he has to pay $125 deductible.

my friend lost his phone over the weekend and is in the process of going through the insurance claim with att (or whatever the name of the insurance company is).

my friend was just notified that he would NOT be getting the 920 because the phone is in high demands. instead, he'll be getting the 900. sucks big time. he's trying to dispute...

anybody else go through the insurance process? with all the returns they have, you would expect them to at least give him a refurbished 920. something doesn't sound right...

Last edited:

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
He got insurance on his 920 not a 900. That's the whole point of buying insurance. I'm not going to pay for insurance on my phone and receive another phone in return. That is not legal. Keep us updated.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
according to the rep my friend's been talking to, its stated on the website as well as on the contract that the replacement device CAN be refurbished or they can send you a SIMILAR unit. it doesn't say the phone has to be new or of same model. if they offered my friend a refurbished 920, he would be fine with it at this point.

my friend's been on the phone talking to numerous reps to figure this out. i'll keep you guys updated.

if this is true, i'm canceling my ins with att and going with a 3rd party ins.

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they are going to give him the 900 until the 920 is available again .. From what I heard att is sold out of almost every color and they are having a tough time getting new stock

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
update:

so my friend got the cs manager involved and it turns out, the cs rep he was speaking to was fairly new. they will be sending him a 920 but a refurbished one. he's trying to get a new one at this point seeing that his phone is less-than 1 month old AND he has to pay $125 deductible.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Maybe they are going to give him the 900 until the 920 is available again .. From what I heard att is sold out of almost every color and they are having a tough time getting new stock

this is what i thought initially as well, but it turns out the cs rep was just new and didn't follow protocol. my friend was able to get a manager on the line and it's all being sorted out.

i'll ask him about the eta since the 920 seems to be sold-out everywhere.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
according to the rep my friend's been talking to, its stated on the website as well as on the contract that the replacement device CAN be refurbished or they can send you a SIMILAR unit. it doesn't say the phone has to be new or of same model. if they offered my friend a refurbished 920, he would be fine with it at this point.

my friend's been on the phone talking to numerous reps to figure this out. i'll keep you guys updated.

if this is true, i'm canceling my ins with att and going with a 3rd party ins.

If you can get this guy to post here, I'll try to get one of the WPCentral Writers to post a story about it on the main page.

Addendum: I see he got it worked out

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
If you can get this guy to post here, I'll try to get one of the WPCentral Writers to post a story about it on the main page.

lol... i've been trying to get this guy on this forum since 1969 (jk...) with no avail. this might be the straw that breaks the camels back perhaps. we'll see.

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
update:

The insurance company will probably say that the refurb is only one month old too......but its worth a shot.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, my dad got a refurb 900 via insurance and it was perfect. Better than perfect actually, as it had none of the issues some people were reporting with that model (rattling vibrate, wobbly buttons, etc).

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, my dad got a refurb 900 via insurance and it was perfect. Better than perfect actually, as it had none of the issues some people were reporting with that model (rattling vibrate, wobbly buttons, etc).

Why did he replace hiss and what was the cost (deductible)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium