Anyone got update already?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope. What is this update supposed to fix anyway? Just the touchscreen improvement? If so then I'm not looking forward to it too much, since I have no problem what so ever with the screen

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Damn, I have a Lumia to wrap into a Christmas paper but would love to update just before doing that.

Otherwise, I won't be able to sleep at night, thinking that the phone I am about to gift is not up to date.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
So the flagship phone didn't get the update and the phone that barely got any limelight got it on day 1? I'm looking to purchase L920 in the coming months. I hope this isn't a routine in the future.

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So the flagship phone didn't get the update and the phone that barely got any limelight got it on day 1? I'm looking to purchase L920 in the coming months. I hope this isn't a routine in the future.

My speculation: Nokia is working on a camera fix and want to push both updates at the same time, targeting the last week before Christmas to have as much time as possible.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

8x is a signature device for both WP8 and MSFT.
This is worse than first world problems really. Everyone will get the update, why worry who gets first?

Think it this way, if it brings along a few bugs, you aren't the first one getting it!

Fareefly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Yap..got the update down here in Zimbabwe and so far so good no scares or alarms. The keep wifi active option works fine among other changes...

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Normally, I wouldn't mind getting it a bit later - however, I came to the 920 from a Galaxy S3 which literally never got any updates whatsoever. I'm just a bit worried that the same thing's going to happen with the Lumia 920. The 8X is a bit like the Nexus line of phones - updates come in directly from Microsoft. Updates for the Lumia 920, however, have to be approved by Nokia first and then by your local carrier as well. I'm having a strong feeling of d?j? vu here.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It will come just be patient. Nokia has some minor different features than HTC (which is more less cookie cutter WP). They probably have to test and make sure it wont interfere with the Nokia specific apps or the wireless charging or the image stabilization for their camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)