Interesting nugget about the Yellow 920....

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking online at all the usual places to see if there are any lumia 920's in yellow almost every day as I know many people here are as well.

I went to the MS website today and as always they only have the other 4 colors in stock. I clicked the red 920 and hit 'shop now' and it took me to the screen proper for that phone. In the past, I hadn't paid attention to the link above the phone pic that said 'Change device' before, but this time I clicked it and it brought me to another page that had all the available WP8 devices and lo! there was the Yellow 920 staring back at me.

I thought it was an error.

Clicked it, selected replacement device(no contract), started to go thru the process. Everything was 5X5. At this point I thought it has to be an error so I clicked the 'order by phone' button and proceeded to call the MS Windows Phone order line. The woman I spoke with assured me that that phone in that color was indeed in stock and available to order. I had some things to do so I called back a little while ago, spoke to another operator who assured me the same thing, took my order and my money and assured me I'd have a Yellow Lumia 920 in 3-7 days. I told the first gal I spoke with that the site is wrong and misleading in that the yellow model is not listed on the main/first Lumia 920 page. I think that went over her head.

Either way, I thought there might be a few people here happy to hear this.

Discuss, refute, chime in, etc.

Thanks

-Doc

420mbps

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I went to the online Microsoft store to order my yellow one on November 29th. The order went through and all. Everything seemed fine, until the next morning when I got a call saying that my order didn't go through because the phone model I ordered was out of stock. So I got heated and told them that they shouldn't have a phone listed on the site if it WASN'T in stock. We shouldn't be able to order it if it wasn't available. He's like bla bla we're so sorry, we'll get your phone shipped to you when we get it in stock.

Today, I got an email saying;
"We haven’t yet received word yet on when we’ll get the Nokia Lumia 920 phone; but we remain confident that it is coming soon. We talk with AT&T several times a day and have received a number of previously unavailable phones; but this one remains very popular and, so far, hard to come by in volume nationwide.
Once we hear a solid date that we can communicate we will send you an email and let you know exactly when we will begin shipping. You will receive an update on or before 4pm Friday, 12/14. Please know that we are not satisfied with the experience you have had with Microsoft Store and are doing everything in our power to fulfill your order quickly. We greatly appreciate your patience."

Ugh.

parisj13

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted the Yellow and was looking everywhere. I finally broke down and got my 2nd choice, the Red. After a day I fell in love with the red and am happy that I was forced to get it. I still think the yellow is sharp, but the red seems to fit my style.

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I am still skeptical. The second rep I spoke with gave me a bunch of smack for not having a contract. I assured her that, as the phone was locked to AT&T, I would be getting a contract as soon as I received the 'unit'. She put it through and it was accepted by AT&T so we'll see what happens. I also got a semi-strange email a minute ago that had this in it...

"As indicated by your Microsoft Store Inside Sales representative you spoke with today, please confirm your recent order for a AT&T 24-month service contract.
So that we may begin to process your order, please click here to accept the full AT&T terms and conditions of a 24-month service contract, as well as the order details your Inside Sales representative explained to you over the phone. Your order may be delayed otherwise."

Curious to see how it plays out.

Thanks

-Doc

Last edited:

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I went to the online Microsoft store to order my yellow one on November 29th. The order went through and all. Everything seemed fine, until the next morning when I got a call saying that my order didn't go through because the phone model I ordered was out of stock. So I got heated and told them that they shouldn't have a phone listed on the site if it WASN'T in stock. We shouldn't be able to order it if it wasn't available. He's like bla bla we're so sorry, we'll get your phone shipped to you when we get it in stock.

Today, I got an email saying;
"We haven?t yet received word yet on when we?ll get the Nokia Lumia 920 phone; but we remain confident that it is coming soon. We talk with AT&T several times a day and have received a number of previously unavailable phones; but this one remains very popular and, so far, hard to come by in volume nationwide.
Once we hear a solid date that we can communicate we will send you an email and let you know exactly when we will begin shipping. You will receive an update on or before 4pm Friday, 12/14. Please know that we are not satisfied with the experience you have had with Microsoft Store and are doing everything in our power to fulfill your order quickly. We greatly appreciate your patience."

Ugh.

It appears that the email response you received is a canned response. There is another thread in this forum where the same email was sent out by WalMart Wireless.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I am still skeptical. The second rep I spoke with gave me a bunch of smack for not having a contract. I assured her that, as the phone was locked to AT&T, I would be getting a contract as soon as I received the 'unit'. She put it through and it was accepted by AT&T so we'll see what happens. I also got a semi-strange email a minute ago that had this in it...

"As indicated by your Microsoft Store Inside Sales representative you spoke with today, please confirm your recent order for a AT&T 24-month service contract.
So that we may begin to process your order, please click here to accept the full AT&T terms and conditions of a 24-month service contract, as well as the order details your Inside Sales representative explained to you over the phone. Your order may be delayed otherwise."

Curious to see how it plays out.

Thanks

-Doc

i know when i originally ordered my first 920 online, i had to accept this terms of service or the order wouldnt be finalized and phone not shipped. it seems you may have gotten the same thing. did you accept the terms of service? if not i dont think they will ship the phone. if you dont get an email with tracking number in a couple days it's because of this terms of service.

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
i know when i originally ordered my first 920 online, i had to accept this terms of service or the order wouldnt be finalized and phone not shipped. it seems you may have gotten the same thing. did you accept the terms of service? if not i dont think they will ship the phone. if you dont get an email with tracking number in a couple days it's because of this terms of service.

Thanks te, I did, and I did respond to it, so should be all good.

Thanks

-Doc

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: Got an email from MS a few minutes ago...

" Due to overwhelming demand for the Lumina 920 in Yellow, we are unable to....blah, blah, blah, bling, bling, bling, blaaaah."
They said it would ship soon(TM), we'll see...

Thanks

-Doc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12