Copying address after search

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is a problem due to Nokia Maps or just WP8 in general, but this is starting to annoy me. On my old WP7, when I search for a business, I was able to click and hold over the address and copy it so I can text it to a friend. Now, my only option is to click on the share button and message it to someone. This is pretty annoying because it comes with a really long url which I always have to erase. Is there anyway to go back to the old way? I do this at least a couple times a week, and its one of those annoyances that I don't want to deal it.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You can try using Bing Maps instead of Nokia Maps to see if you can do what you used to. Scan this code for the "Maps" app that launches Bing Maps:
209ggeg.png

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
i find the same problem and that's really not that convenient. Right now the work around i use is through share and messaging, then copy the address there, we should make a noise about this and ms would have added it back through next update

Someguyfromla

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
This question is from two years ago and amazingly it is still an issue. The only other workaround that I can suggest is to take a screenshot and send that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa