Question about Nokia access point app

magictoaster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
After installing the Nokia access point application on my Nokia 920, I can select two existing networks (Rogers 3G and Rogers LTE) and add additional ones. Does it mean that my phone is unlocked?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
After installing the Nokia access point application on my Nokia 920, I can select two existing networks (Rogers 3G and Rogers LTE) and add additional ones. Does it mean that my phone is unlocked?

try punching in ##782# on your phone. this should tell you if your phone is unlocked (not for all 920 apparently however).

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Doesn't work for me (returns me to the call history list), but thx for the info!

yea, it doesn't seem to work on every 920. one guy here said he was sent back to call history just like you and i but his phone IS unlocked. confirmed it by putting in a different sim. i'm gonna give this a shot.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
This does not mean your phone is unlocked. The app uses network codes on your SIM to detect your current network choices -- so the presence of Rogers in the list simply tells you that it detected a Rogers SIM in your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb