WAV file question for 8X users who have got the update

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

As a lot of you know, there have been several posts about not being able to play corporate voicemail if it comes in some formats... Here is one: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/202359-cannot-play-voicemail-wav-files.html

Some of the formats we can switch to unfortunatly make a much larger voicemail file and for 5000 users that would have a pretty big impact on storage so I'm hoping Microsoft fixes it soon. Anyway, if there are any updated 8X users out there who had that issue, I was wondering if the portico update brought back support for those wav files. If you don't have a file to test I could send you a wav file to test.

Thanks for your time!

John Fernandez1

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I dont have an 8X but I do have a freshly updated Lumia 920 and I regret to tell you the problem is still there. I too was very disappointed since I have the same issue with our corp VM's. :unhappysweat:

Jeffrey Moore

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Clearly states .wav file play back support. but.... my corporate voice mail attachments which are .wav files do not play and i have found no third party apps supporting this either... that and notification led is a let down for such a well designed piece of equipment.

HTC-8X

Steven Piazza

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This may be a deal break for me. Corp VM is vitally important and to not be able to play it is not acceptable. I refuse to modify my Cisco Unity system settings to cater to the 1 or 2 WPs in the environment when the old WAV codec works on IOS, BB, and Android.

ellenoff

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Portico update from Verizon on my HTC 8x. No joy. Corporate .wav files still won't play. Very frustrating and puzzling -- especially given Microsoft's alleged interest in positioning Windows Phone 8 as a great solution for easy integration with Windows-based corporate systems environments. Love the phone otherwise.

khaivu

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been struggling with this ever since November but have found a work around since. This solution requires you to create an account with phoneconvert. It will receive a forward email from you and convert the vm attachement from wav to a new current format that can be played on wp8. Below are the steps taken and now I am able to listen to my corporate vm via email:

1. Go to phoneconvert.com and register a new account. The email that you use as part of the registration will be the one that a new converted vm attachment will be forward it to.
2. The website will send you an email as part of the registration to confirm this is legit. You will need to click on the link to complete the registration.

Now you are ready to try this out:

Whenever you receive a vm from your inbox, forward this email to [phonecovert account above]@phoneconvert.com. Within about a minute or two you will receive an email with a vm attachment that can be downloaded and played on your wp8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6