8X Camera flash Not working due to battery

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
So i just realized today that the camera flash will not work when the battery is under 24%. HTC confirmed this after 3 phone calls to them as did I. I monitored the battery and when it was at 24% the flash worked with the camera. It does not matter if battery saver is on or off , nor does it matter if the phone is charging. I find this a bad feature I should be able to drain my battery if want to. My HTC HD7 did not exhibit this behavior. It just does not make sense and only makes me feel more like i always have to have it charged.

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Thought I would update this. An HTC support contact confirmed this is a something they are enforcing on the device. When asked the exact percentage they could not tell me exatcts. for me it is still battery is less than 24% no flash.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that too with my 8X...I ended up resetting the device because I thought It was a bug, but if turning it off serves a purpose, and a good purpose at that, im ok with it.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem as well, its 19% and the flash won't work. So stupid if you ask me. Microsoft or HTC needs to address this problem in their next update or something

lambert1

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Only stupid not to have an option to enable or disable the function. I carry my device foremost as a phone, I don't want it dieing on me fr the sake of a photo.

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
All HTC 8xs will have this problem. HTC said it was by their design. This is bad this should be controlled by the os through battery saver. Not a hard rule from the mfg.

Last edited:

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
This isn't nearly as annoying as the fact that the camera doesn't use the flash to focus in low light photos... however I agree, it should be an option not a mandatory feature. Thought WP8 was all about making the phone yours...

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this. I discovered the hard way last night that the flash won't flash when the battery is low. As a result I couldn't get shots of the shelters my Scout group had built in the woods.

I could accept this if the flash was set to auto, and battery saver had kicked in. But I set the flash on, had disable battery saver and it still didn't work. That's not acceptable really. If I want to run my battery down taking pictures, that's my choice.

BTW, the HTC Flashlight app works fine when the battery is virtually empty - surely a much higher power drain.

Bhasker Tiwari

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes I noticed it today....searched in forum and found its a feature which I thought as defect.
camera flash doesnt work, but normal flash works....8x wont let you enjoy in low battery, but thankfully wont lwt you die as well :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss