HTC 8X is the best Windows Phone 8

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The point is, that whatever WP8 the consumer buys... he buys a WP8... The more users we are, the more updates, software and goodies we get. It is like with colors... we all have our tastes, we all have different budgets, different needs. So to the individual the best WP8 is the one that he can afford and which does what he needs to have done.
I have said it before, I am also strictly against exclusives, they hurt our ecosystem.
All apps should be made available for all phones, there should only be Freebee exclusives. For the simple reason that I want every consumer to be able to pick the product he likes best, that he can afford.
For me... any WP8 is a good WP8 because it is not an Android or iOS device! Sure enough each device is different... at least we get a choice... not like the Apple people who can decide only on two colors or a current model with plenty of memory or old iPhone model with limited memory.

We have the 8S, 8X, 620, 820, 822, 810, 920, 920T and the Ativ-S and more in the pipeline!

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The point is, that whatever WP8 the consumer buys... he buys a WP8... The more users we are, the more updates, software and goodies we get. It is like with colors... we all have our tastes, we all have different budgets, different needs. So to the individual the best WP8 is the one that he can afford and which does what he needs to have done.
I have said it before, I am also strictly against exclusives, they hurt our ecosystem.
All apps should be made available for all phones, there should only be Freebee exclusives. For the simple reason that I want every consumer to be able to pick the product he likes best, that he can afford.
For me... any WP8 is a good WP8 because it is not an Android or iOS device! Sure enough each device is different... at least we get a choice... not like the Apple people who can decide only on two colors or a current model with plenty of memory or old iPhone model with limited memory.

We have the 8S, 8X, 620, 820, 822, 810, 920, 920T and the Ativ-S and more in the pipeline!

Someone with some common sense.

I wonder if people on iPhone 5 forums are telling the person with the 4s that their phone is better....

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Im sure someone with the 4s doesnt say its better than the ip5 either (if that isnt the case), so that comparison goes down the drain too :) .

And I totally agree with Coolknight. The best phone for you is the best phone for you. Which is why the OPs claim is ridicolous.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
WP8... is more choice, more democracy... more something nice for everyone.

The whole idea of WP8... is YOU or your "ME" You can be yourself!

With many choices in hardware, for every budget and more adapted to needs that are part of "YOU"!

You want a yellow phone with purple tiles... you can!
You want it small...
You want it build like a tank...
All shiny in chrome...
All Black...
Blue like the sea...
Grey like the clouds...
Red like your fire engine...
Fits your budget...
Or that takes night pictures...

You can get the device that you need, that makes YOU happy!

You can be yourself with WP8!

There is no mold, a la black or white!

It is like people around you... full of colors and each person being an individual!

aigi_nr1

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I like 8x a lot, because

1) very well build;
2) display is awesome AND this morning (-10 Celsius) I tried to unlock display with my leather gloves and guess - it's working. Not only unlock, but I can open all apps, make calls and do anything what I want.
3) Live tiles are fantastic.
4) Outdoor shots are beautiful.
5) Many apps are designed better and looks much better than on Androids adn iOS
6) Beats audio is perfect, I don't know why so many users are so negative about Beats

What I'm missing from BB Bold 9900, but what are not a deal breakers:

1) qwerty keyboard ;)
2) Auto On/Off, this is most usefull function (I like to switch off phone in the night, it save battery life)

What I don't like, but still are not deal breakers. Maybe you could help me fix these small problems:
1) Facebook app did not show notifications on live tiles of blocked screen; shows only my posts on the wall.
2) Very dificult to set ringtones from my music library;
3) Updates only via WiFi, I don't have wifi at the home, hopfully it is at office.
4) Not data usage apps and it is really su***s, because I have only free of charge 500MB, what is not very much.

Summary:
HTC 8X is really good smartfone.
I have black, but love red =)

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a nice yellow 8x for a couple days now... What a phone. Not a single defect.

Still waiting on my fourth POS from you Nokia...its been a month. Let me hand it off on eBay and get my money back please.

Nokia has made it to my "never again" list. Congrats, your build quality is absolute ****.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the Lumias also. But here in Switzerland, near impossible to get one and I like the 8X very much... But also the 8S and I like the 820s features. So... I can see ni best, but many great WP8 solutions.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a nice yellow 8x for a couple days now... What a phone. Not a single defect.

Still waiting on my fourth POS from you Nokia...its been a month. Let me hand it off on eBay and get my money back please.

Nokia has made it to my "never again" list. Congrats, your build quality is absolute ****.

See how you feel when you scuff your 8X and the soft touch coating peels off.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had a gander at a HTC when trawling the shops searching for a demo Lumia. I thought it looked and felt superb, however, I was worried that the back coating would be short lived.

I do wish that my Lumia was a bit less slippery though. I don't have Teflon fingers, but this thing keeps me on my guard. I would love a really thin soft rubber casing. A work colleague, who bought a Lumia on the strength of seeing mine, got a Nokia one in the box. She did buy the 800, although I suggested she go for the 920. But lovely little thing to get in the box.

Gharra

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My cousin has a 920 i went with the 8x and heres what it boils down to.

since the days of my sony walkman iv never been to crazy about music on my phone. but ill tell you hands down the 8x when used with proper head phones or stereo system is a mile ahead of the others. i will say nokia has more space for said music but for me i dont need more than 2-3 gigs worth of music since i abuse a few songs a month and quickly get tired of them.

i wont be using my phone to watch movies im an adult so i drive my own car so little to no time for apps or movies on my phone since im never in the back seat of anyones car im driving my own . so the space isnt an issue i never ran out of space on my trophy in the 2 years this will be the same.

the htc x8 does everything i need at a good quality. great build quality and looks amazing (more so my limited edition one :) )

how ever if your app crazy and NEED nokia drive and all the other apps the 920 is your choice

the space is something i think many people over play 9/10 people i know who has more than 10 gigs used on their phone are not using 60% of their content

iv seen 1000 pics of day time pics for both and they pretty much each have their moments where they beat the other. video recording and dim light 920 wins out

screen quality- 920 darker blacks 8x better colors ...but 8x wins out because the images dont look flat which makes a difference and screen size is all a matter of preference

research bench mark testing and for every one thing the 920 wins the 8x wins another

the 920 will go down as the better phone in the history books however 8x owners seems to be far more pleased and in love with their phone

bottom line neither phone is hands down BETTER its all about preference and what your looking for, the samsung ativ however is the worst of the 3 hands down

angermeans

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
That's a vey subjective statement that you made yet you state it as if it is a fact. The 920 is great but the 8x is right up there with it and is worlds better than the Ativ in my opinion.

Gharra

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
well when it comes to the ativ s unlike the other 2 it has no stand out or key trait

the 8x and its beats or design or front camera
the 920 apps camera ect....
to me it feels like the s3 with WP on it not to say the s3 isnt a good phone but more so to point out that it has no identity of its own

in addition i dont really think samsung cares about wp8 they just wanted to have their foot in the door just in case it turned out to be good. Nokia clearly is married to WP and htc needs to get out of the dark which is why all their phones are amazing ,

nokia and htc will put more effort and concern into making their wps and supporting them than samsung because samsung doesnt need to

htc needs a hero like a s3 which samgung already has and nokia is married to wp

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
See how you feel when you scuff your 8X and the soft touch coating peels off.

limelight doesn't have soft touch, feels like my black 920. Even if it did, a little wear and tare is far better than the truckload of defects I've experienced with my 920s. If I thought the novelty of keeping a huge library of pictures on my phone was worth $100 and got the blue one, I would have gotten it a clear tpu case... But to be fair, it is a stupid issue for a phone to have. But it ain't as bad as what I had to deal with on my 920s.

This phone is treating me very well...

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Count yourself as the luckiest guy ever. I have never owned an HTC phone without a crap load of defects. My first two One X devices were just terrible. My first 8x had dust or a dead pixel and my current one has a rattling volume rocker. Not to mention all the reported rebooting, raised corners, peeling, dirty edges, and USB light leakage.

If the Ativ S is as well built as my GS3 was, I am guessing the Ativ S wins by default. Better battery life, better storage options, much thinner, and much better build quality in the areas that matter. The Ativ S may be plastic, but the buttons feels great and do not sink in like the L920 and is not already flush like the HTC 8x. The GS3 was just simply better built which makes sense considering that they manufacturer by far the most handsets a year, they have a lot of practice.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Count yourself as the luckiest guy ever. I have never owned an HTC phone without a crap load of defects. My first two One X devices were just terrible. My first 8x had dust or a dead pixel and my current one has a rattling volume rocker. Not to mention all the reported rebooting, raised corners, peeling, dirty edges, and USB light leakage.

If the Ativ S is as well built as my GS3 was, I am guessing the Ativ S wins by default. Better battery life, better storage options, much thinner, and much better build quality in the areas that matter. The Ativ S may be plastic, but the buttons feels great and do not sink in like the L920 and is not already flush like the HTC 8x. The GS3 was just simply better built which makes sense considering that they manufacturer by far the most handsets a year, they have a lot of practice.

Every HTC device I've owned so far has been pretty solid except for my touch pro which had overheating and battery draining issues while charging. My 8X also so far hasn't given me any problems. There are defective devices from every OEM its just what it is. I had a classmate whose GS2 no longer charges and she has to keep switching out batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb