Trouble pairing/connecting my 920 to the Surface

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I can find the device and initiate the pairing and connection, but it disconnects after a few seconds.

Anyone have any ideas what's up?

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Just to check, your surface is all upto date is it? There was a firmware fix for wifi a week or so ago.
I had a surface paired with a lumia 800, but not tried it with my 920 yet.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's all up to date. Had the same thing now, but also when I got my 920 which was during the previous firmware.

ryan peters

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just tried and having the same problem. It took a few times to setup the pairings and once it did, it showed connected and then turns off. I did get the latest updates on my Surface 2 days ago, so it is up to date.

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
At least with my 920 and Win8 laptop I can pair them for a moment and it "seems" that the bluetooth turns off, but when I for example try to send a photo to my laptop I just tap share-->bluetooth and the phone sends the photo to the laptop without problem... it seems that it doesn't need to maintain the pairing to work...

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The other day I was able to briefly pair with my 822. I've had a couple updates since then and haven't tried it again.

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is pretty disheartening.

I pulled the trigger on the RT because it was in my budget and it would help my work productivity. I knew going into the purchase that RT was limited as far as apps and what it could run. I was fine with that. I am constantly mobile for work and have so many emails I need to reply to that using my phone just isn't conducive. The Type keyboard has worked perfect for this. However things like this are really starting to annoy me. Hope some fixes come out soon.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
what does pairing with the surface accomplish? can you send texts thru the surface that way? or it just an audio pairing?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm unable to use BT to share like pics/videos between the phones. It might not be related to the fact that the pairing doesnt stick, but I figured that the sharing of files might've been more possible if the BT connection actually sticked :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99