Another possible cause for battery drain..voicemail sync?

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Lumia for about two weeks now and have had excellent battery life. Yesterday, however, i started to see significant battery drain issues for no apparent reason. I hadn't installed any application or hadn't changed the usage of my phone. It was quite baffling.
And then I stumbled upon my voicemail and saw that it was constantly syncing. On the left hand top corner of the screen, it kept seeing 'Syncing...'. I called the voicemail number, realized that the latest voicemail hadn't reached my phone, so it was actually trying to sync. The voicemail was from a call at around 5 PM and I saw this 'Syncing...' message at around 10 PM. So, it may have been trying to do this for 5 hours!! I tried a few things to fix it and eventually did. I still don't know what eventually fixed the issue, but what I do know is that after I stopped seeing that message, the battery was back to normal.
Just to give you perspective. I went from 70% to about 58% in an hour with very little usage after I first noticed the issue. And then after I stopped seeing this issue, i lost only about 11% in 6 hours while I was sleeping.
I could not take a screen shot. But if it happens again, I will. In the meanwhile, if you are seeing some battery drain issue, this may be a cause for that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss