My Navigon WP8 Experience

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
here is my experience so far with Navigon. First the support center is not trained on windows phone. If you ask them for help they try to tell you based on their android system. Which has a different interface. Second they do not have an windows phone to even try to trouble shoot. Mext I had to reinstall the app because it did not do something properly the first time even though it was functioning. Everytime you open the app you are greeted with a message window about safety. this is quite annoying I read it once why keep showing the thing. I still cant fingure out how to view a list of the directions, and neither can support because they aren't trained on their WP8 product. Next the search for contact does not work at all. For no trial version and to spend $30 I would have expected much more. I have yet to even use it for a trip. I don't know where the good review on this came from but I am guessing it was for WP7.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
here is my experience so far with Navigon. First the support center is not trained on windows phone. If you ask them for help they try to tell you based on their android system. Which has a different interface. Second they do not have an windows phone to even try to trouble shoot. Mext I had to reinstall the app because it did not do something properly the first time even though it was functioning. Everytime you open the app you are greeted with a message window about safety. this is quite annoying I read it once why keep showing the thing. I still cant fingure out how to view a list of the directions, and neither can support because they aren't trained on their WP8 product. Next the search for contact does not work at all. For no trial version and to spend $30 I would have expected much more. I have yet to even use it for a trip. I don't know where the good review on this came from but I am guessing it was for WP7.

wait.... what market do you use? 30$?! i use UK market and navigon cost about 50-60$ (in pounds ofcourse)

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am in the USA. Oh and to add more they state deep linking is available on the app description. But it does not work at all. One thing I will give it is that you can get from point a to b. But the rest is crap.

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Nah doesn't work can't use the app for the drive option in Bing search. In apps list doesn't always show as an app to use. I don't think they tested on wp8 at all.

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Well wp8 its missing. Sure it can navigate but the rest of features and things it claims it can do its not and for 30 it should not be this lacking.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup agreed. Just tested and the linking maps third party apps list features work on the WP7 version
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rick27593

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My experience is making me wish they had a phone line to call to scream at non stop until I get a refund. I paid $30 for Navigon USA, and when it opened up, it required to download states. I checked Arizona, California and Nevada, I live in AZ. It failed to send me the Arizona maps, and now I can't get it to resend me the map unless I pay them $25 for their update service, rendering this app completely useless unless I pay another $25 on top. This is the most ridiculous BS I have ever seen!

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh and to get a refund on the app is a hassel. Navigon says talk to the market place, market place says they can't. After 20 minutes of chatting the market place agreed to a refund. But if you pay for it through carrier they can't and then you have to carrier for refund.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The Navigon app on Windows Phone 8 is not usable for sure. Cannot understand how this was allowed to happen. Tried to use yesterday....and I cannot even store "locations" or use turn by turn. Not happy

jayman713

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Had the Samsung Focus with Navigon, was very happy with it, used it constantly for 2 years.
Upgraded to the Lumia 820 and installed the Navigon app. Had some issues in the begining with the app losing contact with the satillite (alot). Seems the most recent update has fixed that problem. I think this is a great gps app. Turn by turn voice naviagtion with street names, access to all my contacts, route planning, install just the maps I need when I need... Works great! Use it all the time!

the issue some may be having with the map updates is they are pressing the wrong button. After checking the maps you want and un checking the maps you do not want click on the small check mark in the circle (bottom right of screen) do not click on the box "Map updates".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz