YouTube is not working.. help

elicoz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have some problems watching youtube videos as of today.

It worked just fine few days ago, didn't actually try it yesterday or I just don't remember.
Anyways, when I click on the YouTube app it launches the browser and navigates me to m.youtube.com which is fine, but once I click any video I get a system msg/question "You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the Store?"
once I click yes it takes me to the store and finds nothing, clicking no just returns me to the video description.

same happens when I navigate to youtube directly through the browser.. same question/error.
I have no idea what is wrong because it did work just fine.. all I did in the past day or two is installed all the latest nokia updates or some wallpaper apps published on wpcentral.

Please advise...

EDIT: Just noticed that the desktop version of YouTube is working fine on the lumia 920 but the m.youtube is not.. I get the above error msg and it did used to work.. weird.

Last edited:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
The real issue here is why are you not using MetroTube!

Way better than any YouTube app

Youtube app isnt really an app, it is a link to the mobile page which is dumb and you are correct.

The real question is, why isnt this person using metrotube?

If you like app icon links to mobile sites and pretending to be apps, android has a ton of them :)

elicoz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Youtube app isnt really an app, it is a link to the mobile page which is dumb and you are correct.

The real question is, why isnt this person using metrotube?

If you like app icon links to mobile sites and pretending to be apps, android has a ton of them :)

Well I know it's not an app and I said it in my post, I just don't like using 3rd party apps for simple tasks such as youtube.com, although I tried this metro app and it looks nice.. still I prefer to have the option to view it regularly because it DID work and now it's not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle