How does one open calendar attachments?

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have calendar items (meetings) in Exchange that have attachments, mostly Excel, Word, PDF, or MSG.
However, I do not see them on the phone. Is there any way to access them?
Thanks,
AD

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Today's Portico update did not bring any relief to this matter.
One convoluted way I found is to forward the meeting request to myself. Once it reaches the Inbox, the attachments are accessible in the email,( but not in the calendar.)

Among others, I hope MS will improve this badly needed business feature. Don't get me started on a File Manager for WP8....

Gerd Hoppe

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I got a Lumia 925 with WP8.0 just two days ago: I can not see ANY attachments in the calendar. They are just gone. No indication, nada, niente, zero, zippo, nothing. As log as the invitation is residing in the email section of the phone, the attachment is visible. However, once a meeting invitation is accepted, it disappears from the email client and tadahh.. in the calendar view of the invitation, attachments are gone for good.

First, I thought of a bug, or my inability to operate the phone and WP8 correctly. Then I tried out most of the calendars available in the Store: they all rely on the internal calendar of the WP8 OS, I assume, and do not display the presence of attachments to calendar events - not a single one. Is there a calendar to WP8 capable of showing attachmetns? Please tell me where..

It is hard to believe for me that Microsoft tries to get by with such a treatment of their clients using Exchange:

In a regular business environment with several thousand colleagues spread across the globe, we can not start setting rules like "if your colleague has a WP8 phone, do not place attachment documents to meeting invitations sent to them by Outlook because they will be invisible" - this is just not doable. Hosts to a meeting should rely on WP so that they can trust information is identified by recipients. At least an indication that there is something. With Office onboard, and Acrobat Reader app for a pdf client (pdf support does not come with WP8 on the Lumia 925, a joke in itself) it should not be too hard that an attachment even can be displayed.

However, as WP8 actually does not have any indication of an attachment in a calendar invitation, and the sender of such calendar meeting invitation can not know that the recipient does not see attachments, the single conclusion to this situation is: Windows Phone is not suitable for office environments, as simple as that. As a result our organization will not be able to use Windows Phones as Exchange clients, and as such, as a mobile phone. No WP8 phones as a company phone.

How long does Apple support attachments in calendar items? since iOS3 or 4? Decades ago....

my two cents

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05