Local Scout not available?

KQ17

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
So I bought a L920 last week end. I'm coming from a 900 and with the 900, when you would press the Search button, you could search for things locally (ex. Tim Horton's (I'm in Canada)). With the 920, it's impossible. The only thing it searches is Websites and Media. For that, I have to go in Nokia Maps and Nokia Maps sucks when it comes to finding things around here.

Is there a fix for that? Is it a known problem or a voluntary decision by Nokia?

Thanks.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So I bought a L920 last week end. I'm coming from a 900 and with the 900, when you would press the Search button, you could search for things locally (ex. Tim Horton's (I'm in Canada)). With the 920, it's impossible. The only thing it searches is Websites and Media. For that, I have to go in Nokia Maps and Nokia Maps sucks when it comes to finding things around here.

Is there a fix for that? Is it a known problem or a voluntary decision by Nokia?

Thanks.
You have to turn on GPS location On and then the local scout icon will appear on Bing and you can pin it to start screen if you want.Also you can use this:

Maps | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

These are the old BING maps with other name.Exact same thing if you don't like Nokia maps.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
local scout is there for me when i hit the search button...seems to be there sonce day one. Not sure what caused your problem

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'll tell you what, since am from Canada I can help. Local Scout for me personally never shows up when your region settings are set to Canada, this even happen when I had my HTC Radar therefore am guessing local scout is not supported here or offered here. So in order for local scout to work or to appear I had to change my region to united states and boom there it was. You will notice a few extra things as well, but I will leave that for you to find out😉
Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll tell you what, since am from Canada I can help. Local Scout for me personally never shows up when your region settings are set to Canada, this even happen when I had my HTC Radar therefore am guessing local scout is not supported here or offered here. So in order for local scout to work or to appear I had to change my region to united states and boom there it was. You will notice a few extra things as well, but I will leave that for you to find out
Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

Exactly what I was about to reply so there. Haha

nez99

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe something as powerful as Local Scout is still only available in four countries. That sucks.

DrewLumia900

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for claiming that WindowsPhone can find local restaurants in any country using local scout. Any country, as long as you live in the United States.

NEWS FLASH: Canadians like myself want to use ALL features in WIndows Phone 8 and Local Scout is an important one. FIX IT NOW DAMMIT!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium