Lumia 920 India Confirmation

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Guys, One of my friends just said he could get me a Lumia 920 from Uk for INR 27000/- should i get it? will i be able to get indian warranty or serviced in indian nokia care? please advice!!!

Make sure its is:

GSM

Has 3G bands

Is SIM-unlocked

Warranty is usually out of question when u buy something from another country. But then again, sometimes, some devices have an international warranty also...Apple has if I am not wrong.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
its always better to buy from own country. U will not get India warranty with it, no regional services, even your marketplace will be of UK with their local apps. Even U will be charged for minor updates from Nokia care if U update frm there, and if any problem arises, U R helpless here in India.
If U R ok with it, then U can buy it frm UK but make sure its legally unlocked version without any kind of contract link from any carrier, otherwise your problems would be doubled.

Please vote for my app ideas in Nokia Yourwish is my app. I could win a L920. All details here- HTTP://mobihalo.WordPress.com

You mean if you travel to some other country, you won't be able to get the local apps over there? This makes your smartphone partially useless..

killachandra

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice, i am told that it is contract free or carrier unlocked. So no issues there. I am not sure about the 3g bands. I will try and confirm that. But should that be a problem. I think the uk product should have the indian bands! xenophos adviced me to check if its GSM. Is there a cdma variant?

Is there a CDMA variant, are the bands in the UK and India different for 2G and 3G? Can anyone confirm this?

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
You mean if you travel to some other country, you won't be able to get the local apps over there? This makes your smartphone partially useless..

no I m not saying that. I mean to say, some apps are launched by developers according to location, so apps made only for Indian marketplace will not be available in a phone from UK. I guess so, maybe I am wrong, m saying what I heard. Just warned him to confirm all abt it.

Vote for my app ideas in Nokia India your wish is my app. I could win one L920. Please vote. Read instructions here- HTTP://mobihalo.WordPress.com

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Launch of 920 - I'm really pissed with the way Nokia is handling with their launch. I don't even know if it was launched to say it rather, except couple of blog posts and news articles claiming a Hands on demo. The worst part is no price or availability was announced... what kind of launch is this? Or to say it differently, it was only a intro for their upcoming launch. But then, how many more launches they need to actually launch their product... since 5th September 2012 they have been flashing around this phone with no idea of when it would be actually available in India.
I've been holding on to an almost dead C7 anticipating to get this 920, but seriously running out of patience. I thought Elop would change Nokia's way of announcing a product and then launch it a year later and in tech world that is too late... but nothing changes at Nokia...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice, i am told that it is contract free or carrier unlocked. So no issues there. I am not sure about the 3g bands. I will try and confirm that. But should that be a problem. I think the uk product should have the indian bands! xenophos adviced me to check if its GSM. Is there a cdma variant?

Is there a CDMA variant, are the bands in the UK and India different for 2G and 3G? Can anyone confirm this?

There could be..u never know. The HTC Titan is an example...it has different 3G bands used by Vodafone here as opposed to the ones available. In short, the phone could either b 2G or directly 4G...its always better to b safe than sorry.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Launch of 920 - I'm really pissed with the way Nokia is handling with their launch. I don't even know if it was launched to say it rather, except couple of blog posts and news articles claiming a Hands on demo. The worst part is no price or availability was announced... what kind of launch is this? Or to say it differently, it was only a intro for their upcoming launch. But then, how many more launches they need to actually launch their product... since 5th September 2012 they have been flashing around this phone with no idea of when it would be actually available in India.
I've been holding on to an almost dead C7 anticipating to get this 920, but seriously running out of patience. I thought Elop would change Nokia's way of announcing a product and then launch it a year later and in tech world that is too late... but nothing changes at Nokia...

With the way things are going, doesn't look like it is coming before Jan.

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

You are correct, they seem to be not serious at all for the Indian market. All over the world they had a proper launch with prices and everything.. and India it seems to be non-existent. Atleast they should advertise it, only fans who are inquiring are getting to know whats happening.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
You are correct, they seem to be not serious at all for the Indian market. All over the world they had a proper launch with prices and everything.. and India it seems to be non-existent. Atleast they should advertise it, only fans who are inquiring are getting to know whats happening.

Nokia can only produce 600,000 Lumia 920 per month. They will first fulfill the huge demand in US, European and Chinese market where the stocks lasts only for a day, before shipping it in a new country

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia can only produce 600,000 Lumia 920 per month. They will first fulfill the huge demand in US, European and Chinese market where the stocks lasts only for a day, before shipping it in a new country

Dude.. that explains the late launch.. we are discussing an official launch without an announcement!!!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Maybe u are right. They are biased.
Similar story is with india's top hindi tech show tech guru on cnbc awaaz. Two week back they did review of htc8x in 140 words. The host ankit said straight no to windows phone explaining no reason and said they will tell it in next episode. Two episodes gone after that, still not explained. He too kicked iphone5 and again and again saying android is best, its the future.
More ironically, he was appreciating those cheap mmx, karbon droid ****s that they are too cool at their price and all that....

They are paid shows. And seriously, after seeing Cheap Chinese companies like Karbonn and MicroMaxx and Spice rising at this speed, I want to stay away from Android. I have been asked countless times if my phone is a MicroMaxx (I have a FREAKING MOTOROLA DROID RAZR DAMNIT!)

So, it is good bye Android forever...

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
They are paid shows. And seriously, after seeing Cheap Chinese companies like Karbonn and MicroMaxx and Spice rising at this speed, I want to stay away from Android. I have been asked countless times if my phone is a MicroMaxx (I have a FREAKING MOTOROLA DROID RAZR DAMNIT!)

So, it is good bye Android forever...

Lumia will always looks significantly different from any other thing out there and beautiful as ever...

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, feeling relieved to know officially that L920 coming to India with 4G LTE support......
Now I guess that 33k price could be a rumour only. It will be above 35k for sure. And this change could be the reason of late launch too. Anyway, we can say, Der Aae, Durust Aae!!!

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
when did it launched? U R discussing for something which didn't happen yet!

It didn't.. but since Priority Dealer themselves have started taking pre-orders... it means, its around the corner.. but the point I am trying to make... that Nokia themselves haven't made any public announcements on this..

rupanidm

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 25632

Finally, got it delivered....!!
A day late.. but seeing the latest discussion about the price above, it's worth it i guess ;)

yes, checked the imei number and it says 'Warranty status: Valid (in this country)'. The cash on delivery is not available now due to the reasons best know to the website/dealer. PS: u may call the dealer and ask him whether CoD was provided to this particular Devarshi or not.

Tip: u may contact the seller directly and get additional discount.. u may get it upto 27k. i didn't do it directly bcoz at that time CoD was available and he was asking for 100% advance if its not thru theminimall. i considered Rs.3000 extra thru website as safe.

anyways, got to go... have to play with my new toy! ;)

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 25632

Finally, got it delivered....!!
A day late.. but seeing the latest discussion about the price above, it's worth it i guess ;)

yes, checked the imei number and it says 'Warranty status: Valid (in this country)'. The cash on delivery is not available now due to the reasons best know to the website/dealer. PS: u may call the dealer and ask him whether CoD was provided to this particular Devarshi or not.

Tip: u may contact the seller directly and get additional discount.. u may get it upto 27k. i didn't do it directly bcoz at that time CoD was available and he was asking for 100% advance if its not thru theminimall. i considered Rs.3000 extra thru website as safe.

anyways, got to go... have to play with my new toy! ;)

Can you give me the link from where you pre-ordered it

rupanidm

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
i didn't pre order it.. i ordered it from theminimall.com/nokia-lumia-920

u can also see the dealer's contact number.. ask him about any further queries.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
It didn't.. but since Priority Dealer themselves have started taking pre-orders... it means, its around the corner.. but the point I am trying to make... that Nokia themselves haven't made any public announcements on this..

the pre orders frm priority dealers are not company plans, and its upto them if they wanna take preorders or not. My city priority centre do not take preorder for 920. But they said casually if I want to buy it, give advance money, they will bring one for me WHENEVER AVAILABLE!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb