Lumia 920 India Confirmation

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ahahahahahahahahah....dude (to the guy who posted this)..I am in advertising...i deal with such Photoshop work every single day.

Trolls are supposed to b annoying, but this one is funny...lol..

Thanx abxy...u made my day...

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

hehe, that was really funny, if he haven't used that 610 box to compare with, it could be close but, poor, got caught easily. I guess he only posted that ad on minimall and was here to promote that, by faking....

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hay guys, I guess its TRUE that 920 is coming to India with LTE support. I read a forum here abt it, and what I understand is its not possible for 920 to support 9 diff lte bands, but only 5. So it maybe possible that they removed it to correct it. Coz the max dwnld speed still shows LTE Cat3. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Guys please vote for my entries in Nokia your wish is my app. I could win a L920. Instructions and links- HTTP://mobihalo.WordPress.com

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What kind of troll is this guy? I mean to this extent? I've no idea what he gained by this... In fact I was always skeptical about the website... even if the website was selling, there was no way they could sell a product that cheap before officially launched in India. Looking at the price of international unlocked phone it should not be less than 35k... I was guessing somebody was sending him a fake chinese replica in guise of a Lumia 920, but this turned out even funnier. Who in the world has this kind of time to photoshop and convince people that he actually has one... or may be as pointed out by Ayush was trying to promote this fake sale...
I guess Nokia better launch this product earlier or the Chinese may ship fake ones with fake WP or who knows Android on it :p

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hay, I remember I saw B2B somewhere on Nokia.indiatimes.com too. And the price of all phones were too cheap. I clicked on a product page and it showed B2B offers. Price for example of 610 was abt 10k. I didn't know what B2B is. Googled it and got to know its called business to business or say offers for those who help Nokia in their business or something like that. But again, why would anyone sell a B2B phone publicly and if not received by someone, then why would he fool us posting edited images?

Guys please vote for my entries in Nokia your wish is my app. I could win a L920. Instructions and links- HTTP://mobihalo.WordPress.com

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
On a serious note, we could report this guy...I can speak to the mods..

No please dont, we have freedom of speech, and I feel he was innocent. We dont know anything about him, what he wanted to do, Moreover he already left the forum, so better leave it.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
No please dont, we have freedom of speech, and I feel he was innocent. We dont know anything about him, what he wanted to do, Moreover he already left the forum, so better leave it.

Hmm...an innocent troll who tried convincing us that a website(for all u know it might be his own) selling a product dirt cheap whereas it hasn't even been officially out..imagine someone might have actually ordered it?
Your wish. I was just trying to help..

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmm...an innocent troll who tried convincing us that a website(for all u know it might be his own) selling a product dirt cheap whereas it hasn't even been officially out..imagine someone might have actually ordered it?
Your wish. I was just trying to help..

Ya, he trolled, but actually the price he stated is TRUE. B2B products are always cheaper. I once saw B2B offers on Nokia Shop and margin was huge. Maybe its a TRUE B2B shop or a fake one, who knows! All I know is that, B2B shops work without advertising and products are too cheap. But there are rules like who can buy from b2b, etc.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i hope nokia puts the pricing of the 920 below the s3 and other models. Its very cheap in the US even without a contract. I hope they give Indians the same treatment too.

Without contract and unlocked are two different things, here the unlocked 920 is about 700 to 750 which is again same as 35k+ in India. I hope that makes sense

Chaitanya Gupta

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I love nOkia for their build quality etc. but what I don't like is that they treat Indian Ppl very badly. I was very happy when they announced the 900 but it came to India after 4-5 months. I was even more happy when the 920 was announced and thought to myself 'thank god I didn't buy the 900'. But Now they are doing the same with 920.

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
One slightly off topic question: Global version of 820 also has LTE support. But it has not been mentioned on Nokia India site in the specifications of 820. So does that mean 820 coming to India won't support LTE at all?

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well at this point we are not even aware if Lumia 920 gonna support LTE in India. There are many factors which is leaving consumers, operators and device manufacturers in imbroglio.

1. The operation frequency assigned for LTE in India is 2300 MHz. None of the Nokia models so far support this frequency.
2. So far Airtel is the only operator who launched LTE services in India that too for data only
3. Airtel is using Chinese developed technology TD (Time Divided) instead of the rest of the world (US and Europe) where they are using FD (Frequency Divided) Modes.
4. So far 3G technologies deployed in India are FD based and now Airtel LTE is in TD mode, so the devices to be designed need to have special radio chips to operate on two different patterns.
5. Huawei designed a phone which uses LTE on TD and 3G on FD for Airtel, but this is a complicated technological aspect and needs lot of testing as the mobile has to switch networks for each as an independent operation. Probably the users may not have data connection while on the phone
6. None of the other network operators have announced/detailed their LTE launch plans. Vodafone may provide FD mode in line with their global networks in Europe.
7. Well 3.5 G or HSDPA+ itself is still in nascent stage in India. Probably it may take another two years to expect LTE in major cities and may be even more with none of the current operators even mentioning about it.

Basically for this phone I'm not even bothered about LTE. As long as it works well on HSDPA, I'm okay with it. In fact Nokia started selling 3G phones well before the networks were upgraded. Probably the future Lumia two years from now is something when I would look for LTE compatibility...

notebookgrail

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
For those wondering about the sudden removal of the LTE bands from the India webiste - I will post more info on that once i get the full issue clarified. It was me who started this whole thing via twitter, then a mail to Mr.Elop who forwarded to someone in Nokia India. I got a email from them about the website correction yday (was removed as part of my mail).
Bottomline - India L920 does support FDD LTE and not the TD-LTE . But since India as a country only supports TD-LTE, they removed it from the product page. I am chasing them for the actual bands info.

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
For those wondering about the sudden removal of the LTE bands from the India webiste - I will post more info on that once i get the full issue clarified. It was me who started this whole thing via twitter, then a mail to Mr.Elop who forwarded to someone in Nokia India. I got a email from them about the website correction yday (was removed as part of my mail).
Bottomline - India L920 does support FDD LTE and not the TD-LTE . But since India as a country only supports TD-LTE, they removed it from the product page. I am chasing them for the actual bands info.

Can you get info about 820 as well?
Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz